Wednesday 13 July 2016

Proud As Punch!

Image result for proud as punch

I am almost hugging myself, still, regarding my keeness to share this post with you. I received an email from school yesterday with the subject title of Secret! Intrigued, I read on and had my gast totally flabbered.  

Both my boys will be receiving a cup at Thursday's end of year presentation afternoon for their progress in Welsh! They have been learning the language for just over 10 months and we were told at their parents' evening last week that the level they had reached is one which any child would be at their age, English or Welsh. Wowser!

I admit to being quite tough on my kids when it comes to school because I just want them to do their best; I am not a pushy mother but have always done my best to work with them on their homework, created extra exercises for them to do at home and just encouraged them to go for that extra sentence or page of reading. 

This next bit I am unsure about writing but I'm going to do it anyhow. My two boys are bright boys and I will never be ashamed of being proud of them but I know some people don't like that therefore I am not sharing all the news from parents' evening. I understand that not all children are the same but I am so very pleased that they came into a brand new school, made friends easily and can now communicate in a foreign language better than I had ever expected they would be able to do when our new beginnings started!

Suffice to say I hope to share a photo of my clever boys after the presentation even though I do not do that very often.

Have a good day, it is overcast here today and the boys are on a school trip to Tenby to an adventure park so hope it stays dry for them.

Bye for now.

Lou.xx







18 comments:

  1. Well done to your boys and enjoy the moment, parenting can be hard, so it's great when a great thing like this comes along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never feel you can celebrate hard work and excellent progress. Your boys have obviously focussed and put in 100% (aided by you) and are receiving much deserved rewards and praise. Well done all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Louise, the final post on your old blog says you would post a link to your new one but you didn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that, pop this in your browser - http://athomewithmrsh.blogspot.co.uk.

      Delete
  4. You have very right to be proud and shout it from the rooftops, if some dont like this well they have a problem, all achievements no matter how small or big should be acknowledged, well done to your boys and to you for your parenting skills :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn. Very funny this morning, though, as trying to make sure they look their best without giving away that they are getting their award! Can't wait!

      Delete
  5. That's absolutely fantastic Lou, I'm so proud too!! Give them a hug from us and tell them Well Done !! when you get home. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done boys..who wouldn't or should't be proud...having had Welsh lessons I know it is very hard and I failed miserably.. Left running for the hills.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Done those boys! Intelligence comes naturally to some, but effort is never accidental so they deserve the praise for their hard work. I echo Dawn, if people have a problem with this they need to get their heads checked.
    I hope my own children integrate as easily in to another country when we move to Spain soon, we shall see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that, Tricky. I am sure your own youngsters will take on the language really easily because they are the proverbial sponges at that age. Bonne chance avec votre aventure!

      Delete
  8. Shout it loudly and be proud!! Just catching up now as my blog doesn't seem to like your blog link and it never shows me your updates :( so belated as it is, well done those boys and to you too hun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for bothering to catch up. Blogger can be a bit of a pain now and again.x

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx