Tuesday 28 August 2018

Foghorn Leghorn Has Come Home To Roost!

Image result for foghorn leghorn




Last week we had our first EVER fox attack and lost our six remaining chickens. We had already decided that over the Bank Holiday weekend we would get some extra birds but we definitely had to do now!

I had Airbnb guests in and had to actually buy my first box of eggs for their breakfast since we had our first chooks in May 2016!

So last night Jon and his dad went to get ten Leghorns. We brought them home, put the boxes in the shed and clipped their wings before introducing them to the hen house.

Here they are this morning; they are a little bit skittish but settling down now.


I had a bit of fun with them this morning as we're keeping them in the one enclosure, not where the pond is, and I forgot to close the middle gate! OMG it took me a good ten minutes to get them back where they should be, especially the last one which got caught between the fencing. All good now, phew!

After a very low laying rate recently we've had four eggs today already and Jon has secured a 2-box a week order from somebody at work.

Exciting progress is being made on our second Airbnb room; we hope to have it listed and live for bookings by next weekend. Watch this space - eeek!

Hope you all had a good Bank Holiday Weekend.

Bye for now.

Lou.xx

2 comments:

  1. I'm a follower and have been for a long time, but just realised I haven't been getting your posts through - I wonder why this is?! Just catching up now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx