Friday 16 September 2016

Word Of The Week.



I'm taking part in Word Of The Week in connection with Jocelyn over at  The Reading Residence.

My Word Of The Week is.....

Image result for NOISE
For, hopefully, some new visitors to my blog I should say noise has been around the house all week. I have two boys so noise is a given but this week we had a birthday celebration and other things.

For the birthday there were a total of five boys after school running, shouting, play fighting in the garden, you name it for a couple of hours.

But we also are embarking on music lessons. Alfie is starting to pratice his piano lessons and coming on well. Harry is being a bit bolder and came home on Monday with a cornet! Luckily we have a couple of places around the house where he can practise without us all getting a headache! But we are being very supportive and encouarging lots of practise. Being in Wales there are lots of opportunities for the children to take part in performances at various times of the year as well as regular Eisteddfods.

So my

 The Reading Residence                                               

may have been a loud word but it is very exciting for the boys!

Bye for now.

Lou.xx



8 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, that does sound like a noisy week! I'm glad the birthday celebrations were a hit and best of luck to the boys with their music x Thanks for joining in with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is the first time I've done something like this I think. Should have used a different thumbnail probably but fun looking at new blogs, too.x

      Delete
  2. It all sounds like happy noise, which is a good thing. All mine play instruments. Nothing as noisy as a cornet though (keyboard, guitar and harp). I used to have a neighbour that sent her daughter out to the greenhouse to practise her violin. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting, Cheryl, that one of yours plays the harp. As you have probably seen we are in Wales and seeing the mum of one of the girls lugging an enormous case around I count my lucky stars! We have a greenhouse....?!

      Delete
  3. The birthday celebrations sound wonderful....
    Ahh! My girl brought home a letter from school today. A permission slip about bringing a Trombone home to practice. I have a feeling my Word of the Week next week may be noise. lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a good noise and one that will improve and bring pleasure as time goes on :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx