Tuesday 25 April 2017

Yay! Go Me!

This is a quick, more than a little smug, post. Last night was my Slimming World meeting.

I had hoped for a half lb loss and I got two and a half!
More importantly I have now lost 1 stone 9 and a half lb.

By losing this weight I have reduced my BMI from the original number of 31.3 to 27.4

With this change I am continually increasing my general well-being and health. I know I can get up the kitchen stairs almost at a run now, I don't have so much trouble getting out of bed, people have noticed I've lost weight without knowing I am on the plan, I need new clothes for the holiday and I am chuffed.

This week I was awarded joint slimmer of the week and joint slimmer of the month. Eeeek!

I have about nine more lbs to lose and then see how I feel.

Thank you for listening to my personal boast of smugness!

Bye for now.

Lou.x

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations, it's not easy to lose weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlene. I have to be honest, though, I haven't found it difficult and would recommend the plan to anybody.x

      Delete
  2. WELL DONE. I on the other hand, have gone the other way so it's time to resist temptation. I just need to fit some decent walks in but have been working 4 day weeks with my wee business and haven't been able to get out to burn up the calories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BB. I don't do as much walking as I used to do but consider working outside in the garden as good exercise. I would like to make the effort to go running, though. I just like the idea of it and am always inspired around the time of the London marathon. Balancing life can be tricky.

      Delete
  3. Congrats, Louise! You inspired me to start attending Weight Watchers meetings last Friday and I'm feeling better already. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathleen, and well done you. Good luck and glad you are feeling the benefits already.

      Delete
  4. Good for you Lou! YAY 💐
    Karen B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, good for you! It's not easy but you are doing really well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janice. It is fab to be able to see how my body is changing and how clothes fit soooo much better now. I feel the health benefits, too, and as I said to Marlene I really haven't found it a chore.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn. When I get to where I am happy I look forward to being able to enjoy treats now and then but stay healthy.

      Delete
  7. So inspiring,, what a MASSIVE weight loss already - you are doing amazingly. It won't be long now and you will be maintaining xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chic. You are doing well,too. Managed to resist chicken in white wine sauce and trile at the lunch today - just carrots and green beans for me!

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx