Monday 8 May 2017

BBQ, Brakes and Boy What a View!

Friday afternoon saw a change to the meal plan as the weather was soooo nice we threw together a few things for a bbq and outdoor eating just had to be done. Yum!




On Saturday we were around the house with Jon starting on the job of changing the brakes on his car and we need to pop to Aber for a certain tool he needed.

I did some jobs in the garden including planting out some of the sugar snap peas in the sweetcorn patch and sowed more, too. I also added a few rocket seeds to fill in the gaps in my salad leaf drainpipe in the Poly House. And talking of lettuces I am so pleased with my efforts this year as last year they were very poor. Almost ready to use and I have a good more growing in the sink so we should be able to have them regularly soon. Eeeek!


On Sunday we had a quick lunch and then went into Aber as it was such a glorious day. We had decided to climb Constitutional Hill from where you can look down on the beach. Personally I wasn't looking forward to the climb very much but in the end it was fab, with the reward of an ice cream for all at the top. What a view!



We walked down, too, instead of taking the cable car.

On the way back to the car the boys tried to find their way through a maze!




Today we are blessed with yet another glorious day. Jon fixed up the hosepipe to the garage inside tap for me as I had to fill the water butts and all my bottles and water cans. 

So pleased to report that FINALLY my sweet corn is making progress and the few carrots I sowed in the Poy House are also doing very well; hope the ones outside do as well.


The spinach that was very small on April 21 is big enough for me to have picked a little - that will be for my tea tonight, probably just a garnish!



Lastly to report, my first attempt at growing basil is great and my summer cabbages are doing better than I could imagine. I am keeping a close eye on slugs on these and the broccoli but all well so far.

 

There, I think I am all caught up. A few jobs to do now before the boys are home from school no doubt in need of a cold drink and a snack.

Bye for now.

Lou.xx

4 comments:

  1. another month and there will be lots to pick and enjoy your veg are looking great the weather has been great too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn. Yes, I'm so looking forward to a bigger harvest this year. Eeek!

      Delete
  2. It'll be here before we know it won't it? Things are coming on great guns for you! The spinach is amazing, ours is tiny by comparison. It's getting planted out this weekend as I grew it in pots initially. The BBQ looks amazing and family time makes everything even better than it already is x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx