Wednesday 31 May 2017

Stones and Spare Tyres

Good evening.

Those of you who kindly find themselves here on a regular basis will know I am on a quest to lose a goodly amount of weight.

well, at my weigh in last night I reached my first goal of...


  Your new award

that's 2 stone!
I am chuffed to bits with this and even feel confident posting a photo of myself which I haven't felt for a good while....


The spare tyre pun refers to Jon bringing home the last tyre I needed for the garden. This afternoon, once I had fed the chooks, I set to shovelling some of my own compost as I've run out of bought and felt this would suit the job. I put as much as I thought I needed into the tyre and then made a tripod, four canes actually, and planted out the climbing beans from the Poly House along with the four butternut squash that have been ready for a couple of days.


  
I haven't quite filled the tyre as I did for the spuds but I can always add a bit before they get too big. Also, I'm a little concerned that the sun won't be able to get to the squash but I'll be keeping an eye on them over the next few days.

The weather here has been perfect over the last couple of days, warm but with some rain and it is doing the power of good for everything. I love walking around the garden in the evening seeing how things are coming on.

Oh, one last thing. Jon acquired a trampoline for the boys the other day and after a but of refurbishment it is good as gold. They have wanted one for so long but we have never had the room until now.


Good night, said Zebedee - boing!

Bye for now.

Lou.xx


13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to think of a places to put my butternut squash. They grow so long. One will stay in the greenhouse and trained along the wall. The weather rain and sunshine is brilliant for the gardens.Well done on the weightloss it's never easy but we'll worth it. I lost 16lb on WW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is part of my worry, the way the bns spread but will have to suck it and see. Thanks re the weight loss. I have to say that for me I had way better results than with WW but well done you, too!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your weight loss, I could do with losing a few pounds myself but instead of losing I have piled more on. Hopefully now that we are more settled a healthier diet will help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS you will be a shadow of your former self soon, :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the weight loss, Lou! I'm sure all of the work you're doing in the garden helps, and what a sense of satisfaction from both endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoop Whoop - that is fantastic! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Echoing what everyone else has said re weight loss, you've worked so hard to achieve it and deserve every compliment x love the spare tyres lol and the boys will have countless hours on the trampoline I bet! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. If I ask Alf if he is going on the trampoline he says "I have to wipe the bird poo off"!

      Delete
  8. I think this is one of the most significant information for me.
    And i’m glad reading your article.
    But should remark on some general things, the web site style is perfect,
    the articles is really great : D. Good job…
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx