Wednesday 12 July 2017

My Little Prince Meets HRH The Prince! - Edited Version

Who would have thought living where we do there could create such excitement.

Do you remember I said my boys had been doing schoolwork about Strata Florida Abbey?

Well, the projects they were completing were put into a competition and Harry won a prize for a story he had written.

We had a visit on Monday at the Abbey. All the school children went including those who had won prizes and the exciting part was that the winners were awarded their prize money by Prince Charles!

I don't count myself as a massive royalist but I am so grateful, and just thought it was so exciting, that we have something as precious as the Abbey to warrant such attention. 

Here are some of the children, with me in the background?! and Alfie in the foreground to the left, practicing their flag waving skills before he arrived!



I didn't expect to be near HRH but parents/family members lined up with the children and shook his hand a and had a little chat. (I'm still waiting for the photos of the children shaking hands with our visitor and hope to get them from school soon.) When he got to him he asked Harry what his story was about and Harry spoke really well and clearly to him. I was very proud!

 *****Here are the photos of Harry receiving his prize money from HRH*****























Here they are with our headmistress, Mrs George, after the event. She was so proud of all the children taking so much time and effort on their pieces for the competition, as well as those who were lucky enough to win.  



Whilst at the Abbey he also looked at the Nanteos Cup. We were lucky to see it very close up, too, without a glass case over it, before it was returned to the National Library. 

It really was a special day and one the children will remember for a long time

Bye for now.

Lou.xx

12 comments:

  1. Well done Harry how special and lucky are you meeting a real life prince. Congratulations. Be proud Louise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done that young man! and lovely to meet a real royal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Harry - what an honor! And how exciting for everyone! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Harry! Something you will remember always. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all of your lovely words. It really was a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful memory, congratulations harry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Harry!! Royalist or not Lou it's a very special thing. I was invited for lunch with Princess Ann once and it was a great day too.
    Make sure you send photos and a letter to Grandma Harry as she is looking forward to seeing all about it!.xx
    Auntie Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Harry. I bet you will remember that all your life.

    I once met Prince Charles too (we talked about Mumps, which I'd just had!) He has a lovely sense of humour and I liked him a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BB. I liked Prince Charles, too. It was such a fab, special day.

      Delete
  9. i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx