Monday 18 June 2018

Aaarrggghhh! Veg Patch Panic!

Good morning.

The weather today is a little overcast and a little less windy than when we got up.

I've been out and watered but feel there may be a shower later on.

As I walk around my little patch of paradise at the moment there are a few things I'm a little concerned about. We are having this kind of weather just now after three weeks or so of wonderful sunshine and not a lot of rain.

My Poly House is still uncovered in the main but really hopeful this will be rectified in a week or so. I have "in" there my tomatoes in planters and I'm not sure if it is a watering issue or something else but the leaves on a couple of the plants are curling. In the raised bed I have two gherkins and a cucumber which seem to be ok for now.

In the main patch, top of this photo, my first early spuds are not flowering but the second earlies are! They are all well earthed up so just leaving them be.



On a positive note the salad leaves, bottom of above photo, are going great guns and we eat them every day. In the back of my mind I'm thinking the sun has increased the foliage on my swede, also in this photo, as they are seemingly doing well.

In the small bed next to the fruit patch I have done well with radishes so far and plan on sowing some more. However, I sowed parsnip seeds underneath the radishes and I'm not sure if that has been an epic fail or they are not meant to show at all just now, because they are not doing!

My climbing peas are beginning to flower quite well but no pods yet so I don't think I need to worry about them, but I'm thinking about the foliage thing here, too, with it racing ahead and possibly the pods will not come....


Most of my anxiety is hopefully just to do with the late start to the good weather after the snow and bad storms, trying to be optimistic on all levels!

Any advice or assistance regarding all of this would be warmly received and, of course, much appreciated.

Bye for now.

Lou.xx



4 comments:

  1. I think it's all looking pretty good. I'm on my 3rd sowing of peas and they are only just shooting up now (duff seed earlier perhaps?) This hot weather has made things rather unpredictable though and my daughter said she has had odd results with her growing up on her Yorkshire allotment. I think we just have to hope it will all come right in the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that BB. I'm coming to the conclusion that things have been affected by the start of the year and I have to be even MORE patient with things, something I always find hard when gardening!x

      Delete
  2. Wow !!! absolutely fantastic blog. I am very glad to have such useful information.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx