Monday 25 June 2018

Mish-Mash Monday!

Good morning.

Monday and I find myself in from the garden after a few jobs including preparing the Airbnb room for guests arriving this evening; we had a last minute booking for Saturday night, too. 

This was the garden this morning. I just love it here beyond words!


Now this post is a bit of a mish-mash round up of the last few days I think; not sure what happened when with everything but here goes.

I don't grow many edibles but my wild flower chimney pot is coming along a treat...


I'm continuing to harvest lots of salad leaves along with kale, radishes...some bolted so have re-sown..


and the first early spuds. Still love digging for treasure when it comes to harvesting spuds!


Here we have patch to plate. Potato salad, nom nom!


In the cellar we have been doing some re-jigging so I now have a much cleaner laundry area. Jon had a few little plumbing issues to deal with first but now after we acquired the really deep sink from friends it is just fab for washing.  Awkward shaped stuff, really dirty things I don't want to have in the kitchen sink, like footy boots can be taken care of down there and I have storage space, too so I'm chuffed to bits with it.


The other end of the cellar has had a good tidy up, too with boots and shoes being brought down from the conservatory to stop if being a dumping ground. Winter coats, hats, gloves etc have been washed ready for later in the year or grown out things to go to the charity shop.

I took part in another of my Stationery Swaps recently and these were the goodies I received at the weekend! I'll have to up my game to match up to these beautiful things; pens, notebooks, stickers, cards, eeeeek!!!!!!!


I've planted out my Sweet potatoes; two types, Erato Orange and White - three of each.


Progress on the greenhouse has been halted as we haven't managed to get glass for the missing pains yet. I've put five tomato plants in the gh as they are on the side with glass in low down so hope they get the benefit of some extra warmth. The leaves are curling so of course I am panicking but I keep watering them well, no flowers yet and the texture of the leaves is a little leathery....

The poly house should be covered by next week. I'm just working on the basis that everything is growing outside due to the weather being good for the next 10 days or so and praying for good results.

I have had some growth on my two different types of courgettes I'm growing this year.

Goldena, teeny tiny I know!


and 


Tondo di Piacenza, like a golf ball!

I made a lovely salad for tea last night. All the salad leaves and herbs were ours but then I added peaches, parma ham, mozarella, carrot, boiled eggs, cucumber, tomato, pepper and red onion. I do hope that later in the year I'll be able to make this again with all our own produce apart from the ham, cheese and peaches. Have to say it was scrummy.


Right, better get on as have Harry home from school with a nasty cough and need to get up some lunch.

Looking forward, as ever, to seeing what people got up to at the weekend.

Bye for now.

Lou.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx