Thursday 19 July 2018

Out With The Old And In With The Old.

Good morning.

I am on it this morning!

I took the boys to school at 7.10am as they are away to Cardiff for the day. I have started my bread, got ingredients ready to make marmalade, watered the garden, fed the chooks and started a to-do-list for the garden.Just having breakfast so thought I would share a job Jon got round to doing for me last weekend.

For anybody actually reading this you may possibly remember we bought a Butler's sink. (I have discovered the difference between a Butler and Belfast is that the Butler's sink is more shallow than a Belfast.) It was bought around Christmas time and put in stock for when it was ready to be installed. Well....


here is what came out of the kitchen. Ever since we bought the house this has not been the right sink for the kitchen - it just didn't go and was the only thing in the kitchen I didn't like.

So....this is the replacement and I loved it as soon as I saw it.


Jon had to re-jig/re-build the frame as it is considerably deeper than the stainless steel one.


So after the job taking over both days of the weekend, due to varnish having to dry, this is the final a-maze-ing result!!

The cupboards underneath the sink are waiting for the doors to be cut down but I'm ok with that as it will be done this weekend.


I love, love, love the little drainer and small sink. The tiles for the splashback were found when we cleared out our neighbour's tractor shed and I think they are JUST perfect! 


I took the opportunity to clean down everything, including the very top shelf which I'm ashamed to say has not been cleaned since we moved in!!


 I am so very pleased with the final result and that the kitchen really is about done and dusted. Eventually I would like a proper wooden floor put in the top kitchen so we can take out the laminate but that is for another day.

Hope you are all well.

Bye for now.

Lou.xx

9 comments:

  1. What a great job your husband did. Looks lovely. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely and so much more in keeping. Stainless steel sinks are practical but no heart or charm give me a proper sink anyday. Pattypan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sink but I do prefer a nice deep Belfast, I like to get up to my elbows in soap suds, but your new sink is so cute if a sink can be cute, are you putting your old sink outside to wash veg and plant pots etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean; I love the Belfast sink in the cellar for big messy jobsbut this one fits oven trays for washing, too. I haven't done anything with the old sink yet. I can't really have it outside as we always have to consider how things look outside for the Airbnb guests, which are coming thick and fast, however it will go in our next room to rent so no loss there.

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx