Tuesday 13 November 2018

Update - Inside And Out.

Overwintering sowing and growing, but first the weather. 

We've had bouts of biblical rain recently along with some terrific wind. However, today we have ish-blue sky with a light breeze hence I had a wander around my little patch of paradise today. There may be rain later... Anyhow here's what I found.

Shallots, garlic and onions were planted out by October 22 and the first two are showing nicely.


With the onions I have some interlopers in the form of peas left over from the summer so hope that I might get a cheeky harvest!


Garlic not doing as well as these two just now but hope it picks up soon.

In the poly house the carrots and kale are peeking through and the meteor dwarf beans in the troughs are doing very well. 


The meteor beans in the greenhouse were sown a little later than the others and think I might plant them in the empty bed in there when they are all ready.


A little surprised at how well the hardy sweet peas are coming on to be honest; I need to check when they can be planted out!


In the greenhouse the beetroot seems to be growing well but there are more leaves than anything else; not sure how that is going to turn out...


A quick look at the cabbages seem to suggest they have not been nibbled by anything recently, after I removed the netting.


Have to say I'm quite chuffed that I seem to have some growing happening so just hope that they turn into edibles!

Garden prep has seen chicken poo, compost and covering put on the corner veg patch. All that needs covering now is where the few leeks and swede are in the main patch.

Inside now

First Christmas present is wrapped and a number have been ordered so must wrap them as they arrive.

The turkey has been ordered so can forget about that until the day before Christmas Eve.

The sloe gin is being given a shake once a week now. 

Christmas cake was made at the beginning of the month; I'll feed it some booze this week.

Ordered, as usual, a few crating bits for the festive season and have so far made this tag on the left which can be used as a decoration or given as a gift. The piece on the left is something I love making; this will be used as a back drop on a decorated table or shelf but could also be framed as a gift.


Christmas is now just six weeks away. Eeeek! Lots of planning to be done soon but not quite yet.





1 comment:

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx