Wednesday 6 February 2019

And Sow It Begins.

Yay, the sowing and growing has begun.

After the day starting off a bit pants I was encouraged to not dwell on things and get outside!

So, today I've spent some time outside doing a few little jobs.

* I've filled up the water bottles I use to water things in the poly house.


* I sowed the following

- Lemon Balm in the herb sink and the Oregano and Thyme are coming back to life.


- Sweet Basil and Fine Curled Cress to put in the top kitchen window
- All The Year Round Lettuce and Salad Bowl Red n Green in the poly house drainpipe.


The main bench in the poly house is looking a bit bereft, apart from the tray of Sweet Peas,  but not for long hopefully.

Whilst doing this I found a mahoosive worm in the compost!



* I fed the shallots, garlic and onions with potash liquid.

* I put the strawberries into the poly house from the greenhouse, tidied up the leaves and        watered the pots.



The temperature in the poly house was 10 degrees at about 10am and at 1.15pm it was 13!

The greenhouse was 11 degrees at 10-ish.

A good time spent to take my mind off things.

Bye.




4 comments:

  1. I am slowly getting things done on the growing side, it’s like waking up from hibernation don’t want to rush in case the wea5her turns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, but last night my greenhouse was destroyed by the winds!

      Delete
  2. Lovely growing going on, well done with those sweet peas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. Luckily I moved them from the greenhouse into the polyhouse with the strawberries yesterday.

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx