Tuesday 5 February 2019

Baking Bonanza!

Morning.

Today is generally one of my social media free days but I don't mind doing the odd blog post as I tend to get distracted from this rather than being taken away from jobs if I am chatting to somebody on Twitter!

This morning I made THE most delicious Slimming World syn-free pancakes - American style; I heard about the recipe at my group last night.

Here are a couple of photos and the recipe in case anybody is interested. Super easy and, in Welsh, blasus iawn - very tasty!




I think they look like the real thing!

Here is the recipe. Enjoy, give it a whirl Tracy.

I was also reminded of how much I love the SW chickpea dhal loaf. Great sliced in portions for the freezer and served hot or cold with veg, salad, whatever takes your fancy.


Again, here is the recipe.

Not all the baking today was syn free. It is sausage casserole for the others tonight to be followed by apple and sultana crumble with a bit of cinnamon sprinkled on top. 


Then for the tin I've baked some shortbread biscuits again something I won't be eating but I love having the kitchen smell of lovely goodies!


This is the book I took the recipe from is Three Ingredient Baking by Sarah Rainey, take a look hereI chose these biscuits as there is always something you can make from the book because of the title! I really like it and have made a number of things from it.

Right, I now have sausage casserole in the Rayburn for tea and need to get on with the side dishes; today we have cabbage, mash, sliced green beans and sweetcorn - already have carrots in the pot!


That's it for me today. If you've had time to read my ramblings I hope you've enjoyed them.

Bye for now.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx