Wednesday 5 May 2021

Who Am I?

I watched a film recently and at the end the main character was asked - "who are you?". 

For some reason this made me think about who I am; I've changed as life for me has changed so I found myself writing this. There is probably more I could write but this will do for now.

                                                          *******************************

I am 52 but sometimes I feel like a lot younger.

I'm a wife, mum, sister and aunt but now and then I feel like a little girl.

I like to talk, to people when I go shopping, to Jehova's Witnesses at the door now and then, even though I'm not religious, but I'm more than happy to spend my day without talking to anyone at all.

I like to be organised and a day doesn't pass without me writing a to do list, but I can procrastinate and waste some serious time on doing nothing much. I'm able to get my head together and have half a day's worth of jobs done in a couple of hours if I have to catch up.

I make commitments to goals or challenges but I can find any number of excuses not to work on them.

I look at women whom I admire or am a little envious of and then think "I'd rather eat cake!".

I don't have many friends, don't feel sorry for me - even though I can talk; Jon is the only friend I need in a crisis or at any other time, but I'm loyal to the friends I do have whether I've known them for 5 or 25 years.

I'm not a supremely confident person but I can complain about anything, better than most.

I love to spend time in the garden growing vegetables but doubt myself a lot if things are not going the way they should.

I like to cook, love to bake, but I'm happy to accept my husband is a better cook than me - trained chef!

I didn't suffer from any form of anxiety until about three years ago; I'm a lot better now but still have the odd wobble. Now I have more empathy with those who struggle with their mental health.

I'm more strict with our boys than Jon at times. I expect them to do their bit around our little homestead, as does Jon, but they are wonderful boys and I'm so proud of all they do and are capable of; I know they will do fantastic things as they get older.

Our family, the four of us, is THE most important thing to me, and Jon. I would give up everyone and everything in order to protect, save or make decisions for their benefit.

                                                    **********************************



 

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh yes lady!!! Wowsers!! Love this. I could have written 99% of that myself about me which makes me so happy. I was blessed by your friendship the day we crossed paths and have never looked back. Family first and friends for life xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh that is such a lovely thing to say and you know I feel exactly the same.❤️ 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm writing from Ohio, Columbus precisely. I was diagnosed with brain cancer in August of 2010 and my wife breast cancer, A precious friend (African American) told me about Dr Jekawo A traditional herbal doctor in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my brain cancer,my wife breast cancer and herpes completely that we will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the herbal medicines preparation which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for 21 days to cure.I told Eric my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after I and my wife drinking for 21 days we were cured completely, I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with herpes or cancer to reach this great herbal doctor and that what i'm doing.
    Dr Jekawo told me he can cure the following disease.Cancer,Hiv/Aids,Herpes,Diabetes,Parkison,Copd,Hepatitis.. Here Is His Contact Info......[drjekawo@gmail.com] thank you so much for this great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx