Tuesday 23 February 2016

Doors with knobs on, and other things.


Part of the renovating of the cellar space into my craft room was to move two clothes rails of coats and jackets. These are now housed in the next door cellar space with the washing machine and drier and they are hung on these fantastic, recycled door panels to which Jon has fixed some old dor knobs, handles and even an old tap top. I love them! 
 


I have also come across my Spring decorations from the house and these are now up; need to brighten up the dull days we are still getting. 
At the weekend Jon and the boys were re-building the dry stone wall that runs down the side of the garden at the bottom. 
  































They did a great job and I don't think Jake will try to jump over anymore now. Whilst doing this Jon came across this Bovril jar which is from the 1920's as far as I can make out. How funny to find it in the wall?
 
Right, I think that is enough of me and now I'll take some time to catch up on what I've been missing. Looking forward to hearing from some of you and seeing what you have been up to.

Lou.x

2 comments:

  1. The tap hook is brilliant. At the moment my DH has gone to tidy the garage. He's got so many bits and pieces in there - if only we could be creative, I'm sure there's many recycling projects we could do. It all takes time and an eye for design though. Well done to your DH.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love the tap! See what you have lurking and just have a go and see what you can come up with. I have to say, though, I often say to Jon can you make such and such and he normally can. I am very lucky.x

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx