Friday 28 October 2016

Season In The Sun.


This morning I went to let the girls out and feed them as it was too dark for Jon to do it when he went to work.

As I walked down the garden I felt as if I were being bathed in the early morning sun, there was a slight tinge to the sky and with the gorgeous coloured leaves under foot and being rustled by Jake running around me I thought was a lovely start to the day.

After reading a post by Tracey over at Our Smallholding Adventure I considered how I was feeling just now. My boys have been away with the Gramps since Sunday so the day time is sometimes a bit wierd with me being on my own until Jon is home. However, I never have a problem being on my own but with the season changing there is not so much to do outside and I find I really do miss that. I'm so looking forward to getting seeds sown from January in readiness for a new growing year.

I have been meaning to say for a little while now "thank you"  to the new people who subscribe to my little ramblings and also the new followers. For a very short while I could see the gadget but it has, for me, disappeared again although funnily enough I can see it on my tablet!

My boys will be home late on Saturday as we are heading to Abergele to collect them after we go out for some food then to see fireworks with them and the Gramps. I have put up the Halloween decorations in the living room, as you can see, which they will like.




(Ooh my little men when they were in Pre-sshool!)

This one hangs in the kitchen.


Yesterday I went to our monthly cummunity lunch and after being there for just five minutes I was roped in to help serve. All good fun - bangers and mash! I also put my name down to provide potatoes again for the Christmas lunch at the beginning of December. Always a good choice as with Jon being a former trained chef he can turn the spuds nicely for me and I only have to roast them and take them a few steps across the road on the big day!

The cellar room is coming along well. 




The rendering is done and dried and the plaster board is up on the ceiling and the one wall. Jon will start the actual plastering on Saturday morning when I go do the food shopping. All that should be dry by the middle of the week and then painting can commence. After that we will clean the floor and properly enjoy the colours of the tiles for the first time! I have measured up for the gingham curtains and plan on buying the fabric next weekend. Jon isn't starting plastering tonight as we are having a treat meal out for a curry in Aber which we often do when the boys are away but fist time since we have been here so v. excited!

Right, time to fetch the eggs.

Bye for now.

Lou.xx


16 comments:

  1. Thanks for leaviug a comment on my blog - it led me to yours :D What a pleasant happenstance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay. Love a new visitor. Hope you'll come back often.

      Delete
    2. I tried follwoing your blog, but it's not appearing on my dashboard. So I signed up for e-mail notifications :)

      Delete
    3. Oh that is a shame, but thanks for taking the email option.

      Delete
  2. how exciting! hope the curry is lush

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the boys had some good away time. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. They went to Conwy castle, an acting workshop with Horrible Histories, ate Indian food, though not keen on all of it and went to the fair!

      Delete
  4. Love the Halloween decorations, sounds like you've had a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. Yes we had a good weekend, always some jobs to do but then we headed off fetched the boys on Saturday morning, took them for one last visit to the fair and then home by about 8pm.

      Delete
  5. I feel much the same, where we have moved its pretty much too late for any outdoor enthusiasm but I'm really looking forward to sowing in January

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya hun, I'm just catching up with everyone and I'm glad my blog got you thinking as that's how I feel about the blogs I read too. There seems to be something new every season to capture our hearts, lovely to feel the sun on your face in October isn't it? I'm glad the boys enjoyed their time away and presume they are back to school now? I love the Halloween decs, I've not seen some of those before, love it!
    The cellar is looking amazing and I can't wait to see the tiles - I bet that will be a hard job, but so worth it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes boys went back today. I made all the tags and the hanging decoration. Just busy creating their Halloween tea. Photos tomorrow. Soooo excited about the cellar.xxx

      Delete
  7. I hope this finds you and yours doing well. May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to its home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really appreciare that. You promote a really diverse bunch of blogs and sites. Thanks again.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so very much for giving permission. You can see your linked header under All, Daily Life, Gardening and the United Kingdom. If you could say something (preferably good) about SiteHoundSniffs.com here and there, I would greatly appreciate it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx