Friday 17 November 2017

Cellar Store Room - One Year On.

Afternoon.

Just a super quick post showing how I'm using my Doomsday Prep cellar store room.

Just a year ago I was so excited that it was finished and couldn't wait to actually use it. Bovey Belle said that in a year I would be running out of space for things so that is why I decided to do a little before and after post.

Here is how the main part of the space looked on completion...


and here is how it looks now. Eeek!


I'm not exactly running out of space but it is definitely VERY useful. The shelves are now home to my spare preserving things along with the goodies I've managed to make this past year. Also I keep coffee/tea etc. supplies for the Airbnb room there as well as spare non-perishable items; I have a few things in stock for Christmas housed on the shelves and I still get a buzz out of going in there!

I've just sorted out a couple of cardboard boxes that were underneath the gingham curtains. They were a little damp, after all it is still a cellar, so as long as non-plastic things are kept off the floor then all is well. I'll soon be bringing up the Christmas decorations as they quite happily live down there now keeping dry in proper boxes.

Such a useful room as I also keep my recycling bags down there in between collections. After Christmas I will give it a good sweep and wash the curtains; I might even take them up a little as they drag on the floor a touch.

Ok, going on about this JUST a bit too much.

Bye for now.

Lou.xx

10 comments:

  1. I can see you are growing into it! I have a similar system (we call it the pantry) down in the bottom flat that was my mum's. I would be a bit lost without it now.

    Glad that it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great way of putting it BB. Gradually seeing how it works for us.x

      Delete
  2. That's a very handy and luxurious piece of the real estate - lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Annie, I LOVE it. A cellar store room was definitely on my bucket list when we moved, along with an Aga or Rayburn and a ceiling clothes drier above it!

      Delete
  3. Great space and so useful. I have a workshop attached to our garage and its invaluable to me. I can make use of bulk buying offers as I have somewhere to put them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tania and lucky you. Those of us with extra, useful space should be very grateful.

      Delete
  4. Very odd - I can't see the after picture! but others can

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But then I could! So that's OK.
      Looks like handy storage

      Delete
    2. Oh I love it Sue. I haven't shown some boxes that are in there at the moment, yet to be cleared out of the the way. Also, I need to take the curtains off and give them a wash as hope they will shrink a bit so they don't drag on the floor quite so much - not sure what happened to measure twice cut once!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx