Tuesday 21 November 2017

It's Beginning.......

I know not everybody is getting ready for the festive season just yet but I am beginning to feel it, I have to be honest, hence the red text so I am pretty much going for it from now!

The odd thing has been collected/bought/made recently to give me a little Christmas spring in my step. In Aber on Sunday I saw this in one of the charity shops and thought it could be used as part of a display or to contain a present, though probably the former as we don't do that many presents.



I had to buy a new Christmas flower, Poinsettia, as last year's did not last like I normally get to do. This was £1.99 from Lidl and is a nice size which fitted in this green pot cover - just needs a bit of ribbon to brighten it up. 




I'm going to leave this with you for now and come back to it at a later date...



I had three Ikea milk bottles on one of the kitchen shelves that looked like this....


and here they are with a few crafting embellishments; I'm really happy with them.


The cakes have been fed again, although I might give it a miss next week as they are very moist so won't matter if they sit for a bit longer. This week I'll be buying the ingredients for my mincemeat which I'll be making after the weekend; this is a task which really makes be feel properly Christmassy! 

I'll also be checking I have all the things I need for this...

WILL BE MAKING THIS CHRISTMAS!

I have a pot of this on the side of the Rayburn practically all the way through the festive period. I don't necessarily smell it all the time I am in the kitchen, but when I go out of the room or somebody comes into the kitchen for the first time you can really enjoy the yummy fragrance. It really gets me in the mood when I have my Christmas music on whilst making my mince pies and just getting things ready. Eeeek!

Right, better get on.

Bye for now.

Lou.xx




6 comments:

  1. We dont do much christmas prep but I hope when we have done all the building work I will do some decorating for the winter season again, I can smell your christmas spices from here. love the bottles very cute and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the building work all done! Can't wait to make the mincemeat; should be done on stir it up Sunday but we have guests so may do it on Monday. Eeeek! Thanks, the bottles turned out how I imagined they would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think one day will make a difference for mincemeat :D and it'll be amazing I am sure, given that you are a dab hand at it!
    We're starting to go for it from this weekend too and I'll be posting updates which I can't wait for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like to start too early, but we have decided that from next Friday we'll start watching films, music can be playing just hell for leather really!

      Delete
  4. I can imagine the smell in your kitchen. The bottles look lovely, well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx