Sunday 21 January 2018

Home, Family And Stuff And Nonsense.

Good morning.

You know when you just want to write stuff but you have nothing of interest to say to people. (Example my last post!😊I) like writing, I like words but I don't read that much - to be honest I can usually find something else to do apart from when I am planning stuff for the garden which I suppose is a bit of reading.

Jon and Harry have been away for the night so was just me and Alfie, it was lovely. But when he, or both boys, is in bed and Jon is not home I find it so hard to motivate myself to do anything, I mean anything. I wander around the house thinking "I really should put that pile of clothes away" or "my craft bench really needs sorting out" etc. When Jon is home or at work it is totally different; we have our 'pink and blue'  jobs to do and things we do as a family but I just can't get on with mine very well on my own. 

I did manage to make bread and do some washing yesterday and keep the home fires burning, literally. I even find it hard to settle watching TV, if there is anything decent to watch anyhow.

I suppose the weather is not helping at the moment. I always try to stay positive, about most things actually, including whatever it's doing outside but I have to be honest the rain and wind has been so dismal lately that I just want to hunker down and do zip!

The last lot of windy weather put paid to a lot of my hard work outside where I'd been covering the main veg patch with chicken manure and polythene ready for Spring. I will have to make a real effort on the first day we get a break in the weather - that will NOT be today!

This coming week I have to get things organised for Alfie's birthday - he will be 10!
Presents have been decided on, I feel sorry for him having his birthday so close to Christmas but he never seems to mind until we get to summer when he realises both occasions are some way!

Yay!!! Just spoke to Jon and Harry and they should be home before lunch. NOW I feel motivated. I'll get the burner in the living room lit, the kettle and cups will be ready for a brew when they get home and once logs have been brought into the kitchen and living room we will be ready to settle down for the day. Lunch will probably be soup and a sandwich for quickness before Columbo starts (bit a thing I have on a Sunday) and it is roast chicken with all the trimmings for tea. That all sound like bliss in my book and how my home should be - all of us together and if Alfie has his way we might squeeze in a game or two of Happy Families before baths later.

Aaaah, bye for now.

Lou.xx 








10 comments:

  1. Don’t you just hate it when you lose a comment! Blinking phone. Anyway I was amidst telling you that the thought of you having a thing with Columbo on a Sunday made me laugh out loud! Also the phrase home fires that you used was a lovely one! Random of me to comment on that but I liked it. It’s very hard to be motivated when it’s dismal outside and it’s been just that here. There’s snow now which is actually nice but it’s been wind and rain for ages. The ground hasn’t had time to dry out. Anyway, Spring will be here before we know it then we’ll be panicking lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Panicking, that made me laugh. I know EXACTLY what you mean - proper lol.x

      Delete
  2. I have just lost a reply too, so will try again.

    I did read your last blog to which you said no one commented. It made me stop and think!

    The weather is miserable, but we are still getting out for Jake’s 3 walks a day. He spends a lot of time sitting outside on the patio watching for a squirrel to chase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Selwyn, thank you for your kind words. I can just see Jake with his head inclined to one side in that inquisitive way of his. A lovely image and SO very pleased he is still happy with you.

      Delete
    2. Yes, one of Jake's endearing ways. Happy memories. We have had 2 previous dogs that I miss. Our previous one was Jack, a Border Collie cross. Prior to that Indie, an English Springer Spaniel.

      Delete
    3. I am so pleased the arrangement worked out so well.

      Delete
    4. It’s a good point, I don’t always Get to read immediately as you know lou, but I love your blog immensely and always catch up. So nice to read the comments re Jake too.

      Delete
    5. I love that Selwyn lets me know every now and again how Jake is getting on. It does make me a little sad but I am so very happy that he is happy.x

      Delete
  3. Why your blog doesn't come up automatically on my side bar like all the others I've set I'll never know. My granddaughter's birthday is in January and we make a big think of it because it does seem to be a long way away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tania. Thanks for bothering to read anyway. Have you tried deleting the link and starting a fresh - just an idea that may work....

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx