Tuesday 10 March 2020

Mindful Thoughts For Gardeners

Good morning!


I'm reading the book in the title of this post, written by Clea Danaan; I've been dipping in and out and really enjoying it.

This morning over breakfast I came across the chapter concerning harvest. Now I know gardeners in many parts of the country are praying for some Spring-like weather; some let up in the wintry conditions we are still experiencing would be wonderful.

However I found the words about harvest similar to our hopes for the change in the current season, for whatever the reasons are behind the slowness of Spring's arrival, We have to be patient because the ground needs to be ready for the journey from planting to tending and back to harvesting the land to begin. In ourselves we also tend to want life to hurry up! We want immediate improvement in our lives in every aspect because life is now so very instantaneous; we have 24 hr news, constant communication and food delivery right to our doors if we so wish.

As the author says
"The garden teaches us that we cannot hurry...We can only sit and allow things to unfold, meeting them where we are with the watering can".

I can thoroughly recommend this little book and it is perfect to pop in your pocket; when you have a moment take the time to enjoy it and your garden.

Bye for now.  

Lou.xx

4 comments:

  1. Love the sound of the book, hope you continue to enjoy it! We are definitely looking towards Spring now though I don't feel we have had a proper winter as such. More of a "it can't decide" kind of winter! I look forward to it but it can't be rushed - we don't get a say in these things. You are so right, society is turning in to an expectation society, everything on demand. I often think about how to slow time down, even when you try, it goes so quickly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey chic. I know what you mean about the can't decide thing. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Hurry here. It's been snowing since Friday, supper time, and it's -21C. We are either shoveling snow or warming up from shoveling snow!!,lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Louise
    I have the book and dip in and out when I need to. It's full of the nature-inspired wisdom that really resonates with me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx