Tuesday 23 August 2016

Photo Call.

My last post mentioned the things that were growing, or not, at the moment so as I was out this morning I decided to take a few photos for illustration purposes.

So here are the swede, not many of them but hey ho.


Then I have quite a lot more turnips which seem to be doing well.


The beetroot is looking healthy.


I can see proper broccoli and I have started with my stinky rhubarb treatment!


I don't want to pick the apples too soon but they look great. When we moved here at the beginning of last September there were a few left on the tree so I think I should pick them pretty soon.

Here are the onions; super excited about those!


These are my bag-grown spuds. I have pulled them up this morning and....


this little lot weighed in at 1lb 12.8oz. Obviously the eggs didn't come via the same harvest process but glad to see there were four.


Finally here are my beef tomato plants. Firstly the leaves are curling slightly but I think this is just because they need extra water; I'm not feeding them tomato feed because as you can see there is neither fruit nor flowers at the moment. Hope they will come on soon...

 

and the sweetcorn. I am still stunned that I have actually managed to grow something that even slightly resembles sweetcorn, let alone that there is a good chance we will be able to eat it!

Right, mission accomplished, ie. no rambling, but I will finish with a picture across the veg patch this morning as it is glorious today and look forward to enjoying the good weather for the next couple of days. 



Hope you all have sunshine, too.

Bye for now.

Lou.xx



4 comments:

  1. It's all doing very well, well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Just wish the beef tomatoes would show some interest in flowering.x

      Delete
  2. Re your apples Lou, they are ready when you just twist the stalk and they come away. Love the long shot of the garden, it's so different from when we last came to see you,you've done well.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have figured that out now and actually picked a few this morning. I also made a disocvery about them and hope to share shortly. I love that photo, too; it was a spur of the moment thing, too.x

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx