Wednesday 24 August 2016

In A Pickle - Assistance Please.

Morning.

I am in need of help from the good people of blogland. I am in danger of having a glut of cucumbers, not that I am complaining as they have been an unqualified success out of everything I have attempted to grow so far.

However, I would like to pickle some of them, both for the fridge and to keep for a while, too,and also a nice chutney. I like sweet chutney mostly with tomato and I made a lovely one with courgettes that I hope to do again if I get enough courgettes! Any suggestions for either would be gratefully appreciated. 

Just heading out for a walk with Jake and to hopefully find some balckberries or raspberries along the cycle path. I have lattice pastries in mind so will let you know how I get on.

Bye for now.

Lou.xx

3 comments:

  1. Not sure Louise, I think some people do what is called a bread and butter pickle I think that contains cucumbers ?
    I have had no luck with them, one single mini cucumber, I am thinking about doing a few jars of courgette chutney though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks anyway, Marlene. Will keep looking. Sorry your cucumbers didn't work out this year.x

      Delete
  2. I think I may have the answer to your tomato problem. If the toms and cu's are in the same place the toms wont fruit because the conditions have to be different. Toms like dry and warm cu's love warm and moist so that's why you have loads of cu's .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx