Tuesday 24 January 2017

"I Have Confidence In Sunshine", as the song goes.....

but not sure about myself sometimes.

Image result for lack of confidence




Does confidence slip sometimes when you get older?

I gave up worrying about what people think of me a long time ago; I am who I am and I do what I do for the reasons I do them to make nobody happy but those who I hold most dear, so I should be super confident. Maybe it isn't a lack of confidence but more like the feeling of being unsure of myself at times; is that the same thing?

I consider myself a bit of a procrastinator at times but I am always organised and everything that needs to be done always gets done.

This isn't a post about going into detail about anything in particular but more to make me think and perhaps get you thinking a little. I am also reminded of the saying 

fools rush in where angels fear to tread

 - suffice to say my husband is the angel landed with the fool, now and again! 

I think the beginning of this new year is the best time to learn from a couple of recent incidents, which have annoyed the pants off me and upset me at times, and just give myself a kick up the bum and get on with life.

I feel a little better now that's off my chest. Normal rambling service to be resumed shortly.

Bye for now.

Lou.xx





15 comments:

  1. Keep smiling, today is another day and we live and learn. You're a lovely person, so don't beat yourself up over things. This always seem worse than they are, in 5 years time when you look back, how much will it matter? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothings beats a good ramble except a good temper tantrum either way we always feel better after :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Dawn, and just carrying on regardless, too.

      Delete
  3. Best to get it said and feel better, remember you can't control other people, and for the best don't let them try to control you. I hope you feel better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unsure of what has happened, but an old saying I really love is, "Not my circus, not my monkeys!. Really hope you can apply this to your situation. Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. To have self doubt sometimes is good, it makes you look at things harder. I saw a saying somewhere, I cant remember where, but it struck me. i went something like this

    the problem with the world, is that the intelligent people are full of doubt, while the stupid people are full of confidence.

    Be kind to yourself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sol. It has indeed made me look at things slightly differently and will hopefully keep me positive.x

      Delete
  6. self doubt is a cruel thing, but we all suffer from it. I like this post.

    Yes, I changed my blog. I changed the name over on Christmas Day, when everyone was busy! When you change the name, it automatically appears that the blog has been closed, but that isn't the case. I needed a change. Glad you found me.

    You've been busy, love the pics of the robin at the window xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now I understand and glad I have found you again.x

      Delete
  7. You've already had good advice, so not more to add, but to say that we all go through it. It is good to think, and rant sometimes. I am looking forward to the moment I can use Beverley's circus/monkey saying. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx