Tuesday 28 March 2017

Bit Of A Smug Fest!



I am not going to apologise for feeling a little bit smug today. I posted about having joined Slimming World last month and was determined to stay on the plan and get to goal. 

My first goal was to lose one stone and see how my body changed and if I liked that change; if I wanted to go further I would look at losing another stone. Mid way through this plan I would expect to lose 10% of my body weight which can have a positive impact on things like: 

- reducing the chance of developing type 2 diabetes, 
- improving mobility to help make you more mobile and 
- reducing strain on muscles and joints,  amongst other things. 

All these things I am keen to keep at bay or improve.

So last night was my weigh in and I was pleased as punch to find I had lost 2 and 1/2 lbs! My weight after seven weeks on the programme has gone from 13 stone and 1/2 lb down to 11 stone 2lbs! 


Image result for images of happiness

Along with this my BMI has been reduced from 31.3 to 28.6. Because of this reduction I have moved from the being classed as at most risk of developing health problems to where I may be at risk of developing weight related health problems. 

I made the decision to lose some weight, not to be beach ready for our holiday this year, although I look forward to fitting into some nice clothes that were far too tight last summer! I decided I had to make sure I was fit for the benefit of my children and the future of our family; Jon and I feel we owe it to the boys to be around for them, be healthy and show them a healthy way of life as much as we can.

Altogether I am really happy about my weight loss so far but I know that I would like to lose another stone and I'll see how I feel when I get there. I'd love to be able to lose the stone in the next eight weeks and a weekly loss of 2lbs is a healthy loss. My next loss of 2lbs will mean I can say goodbye to 10% of my body weight; I'll be really chuffed then!

I hope to be able to make healthy food choices once I have reached my ultimate goal so I can enjoy treats at times and never feel totally restricted whilst always remembering I am looking after myself for a really important reason.

Bye for now.

Lou.x 






10 comments:

  1. Good for you Lou! Keep up the good work! I know it's not easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Huge accomplishment, and very inspiring - keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathleen. I have to say that I haven't really found it that difficult, but I know a lot of people struggle for lots of reasons when they really want to lose a few lbs. (SW seems to work for me better than Weight Watchers did!)

      Delete
  3. Well done! Don't apologise for being smug, I would be too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, it's never an easy task and with youngsters around makes it harder, I do hope you do get to your goal and stay smug, you worked hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant news shout it from the roof tops :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of people find it tricky to keep willpower going but I am a bit shouty about it. Ha!

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx