Friday 31 March 2017

Into The Weekend From Here.

Good morning. Here is Jon with the next stage of the pizza oven; we hope Sunday will be dry meaning it should be finished this weekend...


I've done a bit of baking the last couple of days. Harry has decided to go back to packed lunches so I am baking a bit more bread, plus Jon has been doing some house renovation for his boss in Aber this week instead of being at the sawmill so he has been taking butties for his lunches, too.


At the weekend I really hope to get the last of the soft fruit trees in. I'll need Jon's help with the holes. Only seven to go so very few compared to some peoples' fruit campaigns.


This is the new smaller veg patch alongside the fruit area.The edging needs finishing and it is about 10x8 feet so, as usual, I am feeling paranoid about my spacing when it comes to planting out!


Now can any of my faithful followers?! tell me what these small berries are? They are growing around a couple of the trees at the bottom of the garden, actually near the top right corner of the new patch I just showed you.


Yesterday we sold three boxes of eggs, can the girls keep up we ask? We have sold £10 worth this month but all of that was really since Sunday so fab result! We don't have room in the hen house for any more as we have 8 actual boxes in the house and 11 chooks. We'll have to stick with what we have for now, but there is always more room at a later date to have a bigger run in the field. (Also some very sweet people have been leaving me empty egg boxes; they don't know I have about 300 in the cellar storeroom!) Weather here is a bit overcast so need to pick my time for cleaning out the chickens. 

I am calling about the ducks today and we really hope Jon can collect them at the weekend.

And..
Image result for shwmae

I went to my new Welsh lesson last night and really enjoyed it. There is always somebody who talks too much or somebody who wants to race ahead in the progress - we had both of them, but some very nice people, too and it was also great to go with somebody I knew! The class is much bigger than the last one I went to which means practicing conversation is easier. I have a proper class and homework books so will now be able to put time aside a few times a week to work on it all. I may have said in the past that I want to be able, amongst other things, to go into the post office and ask for my stamps. Simple things!

Just been reliving part of my youth by listening to Take That on Chris Evans' breakfast show. Fab.
Image result for take that

Ok, best get on with a few jobs as the weather looks like it is trying to improve. Look forward to hearing about what everybody gets up to over the weekend.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BREAKING NEWS
I had a message through my blog yesterday from some people saying Jake has been moved on to them from the lady who originally took him. The new owners have had him for about four weeks and they sound GORGEOUS. They told me he is the perfect dog for them after losing their own Collie and he is having lots of walks and cuddles. I had a little tear in my eye when I read the message but Jon and I couldn't be happier for them and Jake.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bye for now.

Lou.x


9 comments:

  1. The berries are Ivy, not edible, well done on the egg sales never turn away boxes you will be surprised how quick you go through them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the ivy info. Had told the boys not to go near them. Where are those kidlies!

      Delete
  2. I like old ivy, as I call it. Very good in flower arrangements especially at Chrimbo with a bit of gold sprayed on them.
    Looby can't you move the far side of that bed a bit nearer the fence so you aren't wasting any ground and the bed is wider.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to do that. The ground is really stony and has lots of roots in it so it is difficult enough to dig without making it any bigger. Also the sloped area on the right hand side covers all the tree roots from the corner so not an option, and I plan on putting wild flowers there as they are not too fussy about the state of the ground. The plot is perfect size for the carrots and sweetcorn. X

      Delete

  3. Those black berries are the fruit of the Holly and used to be used to make ink. Birds will still use them to feed on at the moment, and you will see blackberry-coloured bird poo . . .

    You're working so hard there - WELL DONE. Jennie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So your name is Jennie, pleased to meet you! Thank you for more info regarding the berries - I'll look out for the poo! We ARE working hard but enjoying every minute of it, all the time.x

      Delete
  4. I'm always messing around with vg spacing and constantly have to check so your not alone. I think the main thing is not to plant too close together thinking you'll get a bigger harvest, give them space and they'll be happier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pizza oven is looking good by the way, I'd love to build one here one day!

      Delete
    2. That's good to know and thanks for the advice. Posting the finished pizza oven soon and hoping to try it tomorrow.

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx