Tuesday 14 March 2017

Wheely Good Fun!

The boys were on an Inset day yesterday. On days like these (love Matt Monroe!) I am very pleased I do not work as I know it can be very difficult for some families to sort child care, although we do get quite a lot of notice.

I got the boys to see how I clean out the chickens ready for when they have the job themselves; still not convinced it will go as planned but we shall see...

I told them we should go out for a walk at least as the weather was not cold and was dry apart from the odd spot or two. I took a few photos up to and back from the cycle path.





They opted to go on electric scooter and bike.






Last one is a bit blurry as had to get them together when moving! I am suffering a bit today as it is the first time in a week or so that I have walked a couple of miles!

Plus I can now, very excitedly, share with you the photos of the finished chicken and duck enclosures! We were going to move the fencing and have one gate but have now opted for keeping the original chicken gate and have created a second near the pond; you never know, we may need to separate some of the birds some time and this would make it easy.








The log that straddles the pond has been cut a little short to allow more room around the back of the house. We have cut back the foliage which has made the area so much lighter and I just think it is such a pretty part of the garden now. I love Jon so very much for being able to create all of this for us, and for other reasons of course!

We may be getting the ducks this weekend but I have to contact the supplier today. Eeeek!!!

Well, had better crack on as I want to get the morning jobs done so I can catch up with Call The Midwife at lunchtime.

Bye for now.

Lou.xx

13 comments:

  1. I caught up with it at lunchtime today too. Needed a few tissues!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just finished watching it this minute. So many stories in one episode. Just fab!

      Delete
    2. What a pretty area! I bet you're proud and rightly so! Those ducks will be spoilt. Let us know how you get on with the supplier! Shame you're not closer, we have 7 so far today (ducklings as you know ;) ) xx

      Delete
    3. Thanks chic. Just emailing them now.x

      Delete
  2. How lovely to see the boys out on there wheels, good luck with the ducks :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping to get the ducks in a couple of weeks.

      Delete
  3. Hope there will be lots of pictures of the ducks when they arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the pictures...

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I like the sound of an electric scooter, I could do with one of those to go to the shop. Middle aged women zooming around on one may look a bit silly though hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. Would get the shopping done a bit quicker!

      Delete
  6. It looks like you have a lovely spot for your chickens and ducks. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx