Monday 21 January 2019

Chilly Day Catch Up.

Hello!

Today we woke up to a frosty start but a clear sky across to the church and the Canolfan.


I thought I'd take a few pics of what's going on around the place; nothing too exciting but just a record of the start to the year.

The Alliums are ALL doing really well so I'm very pleased about that - the garlic,


onions


and shallots.


I have more onion sets to plant out in Feb but soo not yet sure where I'm going to put them!


Yesterday Jon started the tree-cutting-back project that we have in mind before Spring arrives. He began by starting in the far corner near the small veg patch and hopefully within the next couple of weeks he'll get the roadside done; he also plans on taking a couple of trees down in the chicken enclosure ready for when we replace the taken ones next month.

Now, Spring cabbages, these will, hopefully, be ready to harvest in May or thereabouts; I was quite worried about them when I first planted them as they took ages to look like they were doing anything!


The temperatures in the greenhouse and poly house respectively were



In the poly house I planted the dwarf Meteor peas and really pleased with them.


These will harvest in around May with any luck, too.


A few outdoor shots - down the side of the poly house


and over the wall to the field across the road.


and I love the view over the gate of our neighbouring farm.


The flat leaf parsley has bounced back after it was cut back...


and I'm chuffed the snowdrops I moved from the bottom of the garden last year settled well


and the ducks continue to be happy.


My niece had an operation recently so I've made this card for her and l'll be posting it today.


Ok I think that is it for now.

Bye.

5 comments:

  1. Your peas look wonderful! I shall do mine next month. I have started with a few herbs in a propagator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maryline. I'm attempting to keep that bed busy as I will be using it for my courgette and cucumbers later on this year. I don't have a propagator but may invest in one at some point.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lou! Your peas are amazing, they have come on so well. The shallots too - our have all but 1 been taken by mice. You're going to get an amazing crop off those. A brilliant start to the year. Not much difference in the gh and pt temps at the moment then?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi chic. Thanks. I really hope they continue to progress and we could get a harvest in May. Sorry about the mice getting your shallots. This is the 2nd year I've grown them; they were pants last year but I maybe had them in the wrong spot. Jon and I have been talking and I don't think I'm going to get that new veg space in time for Spring planting. He needs to get this new Airbnb room ready for the summer. You never know I could end up getting it in time to sow the onions, shallots and garlic for 2020 harvest!!!! Now that's what I call forward planning.xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx