Friday 4 January 2019

A Happy New Year.



A Happy New Year, for us all I hope.

Been too busy to write a post since my last. We had a lovely Christmas, had two days away in Llandudno after Boxing Day and on our return the Airbnb rooms have been full until a departure yesterday. Phew and, suffice to say, the washer is working overtime!

The mince pies and Christmas cake have all been eater, there are no chocolates left in the house and today we have been shopping so we are back on bigger fruit and veg portions after the festivities.

Outside, the weather has been quite chilly over the last few days and today was very frosty. Inside, the Christmas tree is down and being used as kindling for the fires and the other decorations are almost packed away. I'm leaving some greenery up as I just love mid-Winter to be celebrated and there is no better way than to bring it into the house.


Most people make resolutions for the new year. I don't like to set myself up for a failure so generally I prefer to have aims. What are your mew year aims and goals?

I'm aiming to have two no-social-media days each week - normally will be Tuesday and Thursday.

Image result for no social media


I was really amazed how much I managed to do when I tired it the first time.

One thing I HAVE to do is get back on the wagon regarding my weight loss, or lack of it. Prep for Christmas, guests visiting then and at New Year together with us going away have all contributed to a bit of a gain.... but, I enjoyed myself and I know just exactly what I need to do to get back on track. A new year is just the place to start so that has begun today and I return to my group on Monday evening.

Last night I sorted through my seed box. Oh my!

I have listed them all and decided on some to give away to somebody who can make use of them after posting on Twitter. (I could not hoped to use them all within the date time.)





My next sowings will probably be onions in February. I've already had fun doing my first lot of planning for the coming months - I love that about the Winter nights, the best of both seasons as I get myself snugged by the roaring fire thinking of Spring.

Plans we have here on our little homestead for 2019 include the third Airbnb room; this will be a self-contained unit for two people. Jon is just starting on the electrics and he is going to build a lovely, open country style kitchen and the aim is to have it listed in time for Easter. 

Now here's a question for those of you who are involved in running B n B's, holiday rentals etc. Do you think Brexit will encourage people to take more holidays in the UK? The Euro and £ are already not a good exchange when going abroad so if this is not improved on and we have a pleasant Summer maybe UK tourism could be in for a real boost - we'll be ready for it!!


I'm just finishing my lunch then I am heading upstairs. I'll put the ironing board in the bedroom and see if there is a Columbo on, probably not on a week day sadly but something inane will help me work through the pile I need to tackle. Thankfully I really quite enjoy ironing and with the rooms having been so busy I need to get up to date with the bedding in case that influx of tourists starts early!!

Ok, I'm going to make another brew then get that ironing started.

Lou, bye.
.







4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your third guest space. Your plans for it sound lovely. Interesting to read about your two social media free days a week. Giving me food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a Happy New Year to you and your family. So good to hear the 2 Airbnb rooms are doing well and you have plans for another. You're going from strength to strength. It's lovely to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was awake in the middle of the night so came downstairs and cracked on with the ironing (lots of bedding and more still to do). I record Escape to the Country and watch that - I like to see other people's houses!!

    Great news about that 3rd Air BnB room. I imagine the changeovers are a bit time-consuming though, if you have lots of single night occupations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BB. Yes the one nighters can be a bit of a pain but you just crack on!

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx