Wednesday 29 June 2016

O M G! (that stands for Oh My Garden!)


The latest issue of Grow Your Own hit the slate this morning and look!!!!!!



Eeek!, I'm publsihed! Very chuffed I'll recieve a £40 garden voucher to spend on gubbins!

Also the magazine came with this book so just a lovely couple of things.


The rain here is just never ending today but I have managed to collect the eggs, water things in the Poly Tunnel and put some small stakes on the broccoli as the main stems are getting quite sturdy now!

I have been doing some rainy day papercrafting by starting to decorate some envelopes for my letter writing.

I'll share some photos of the finished articles when I get them done, but I'm hoping the weather is drier soon and that I can do things outside!

Jon has some glass in stock and is keen to make a cold frame affair for the strawberries so that we can hopefully harvest a bit more fruit this year. I know the first year can be a bit lean but if the wet weather continues this may be a help.

I went to the PTA meeting at school on Monday evening. I was waiting until they asked for volunteers for the cake stall and they were about to say that interest had dwindled a bit as nobody really bakes any more; I said "I do!" .Therefore I will be baking like a mad woman incase other people are not so keen but will still ask for donations; I do dislike it when people just bring shop-bought cakes.

Bye for now.

Lou.xx


11 comments:

  1. Well done on the letter publication! And if you need a taste tester for the baking... (said in hope rather than expectation - with a husband and two growing boys the chances of leftovers are slim I know!) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greta. You made me laugh out loud about the baking!x

      Delete
  2. I couldn't agree more re shop bought cakes. Good for you. Huge proud as punch congratulations on the publication!! I might need to ask for a subscription for my birthday 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm really enjoying the magazine and looking forward to spending the money, wisely. I found an offer for 3 issues for £6 but I think I may carry on with it - it will be £18 for the next 6 issues x2 if that makes sense?x

      Delete
  3. Get you well done, look forward to seeing what you buy with your voucher :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes will have to think very carefully.

      Delete
  4. Well done Louby, I don't know how you do it! You do have a way with words! My Gardeners World came today and I was going to say buy yourself one as there is a big piece about all sorts of insect that harm plants. It might be useful,xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I had all but forgotten about the letter until I openend up the mag! Sooo chuffed.x

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx