Sunday 19 February 2017

Monday Mumblings.

Hi. My last post was only on Wednesday but it seems ages ago to me.

This is a bit of a random post, no change there, with a few things I've been thinking about and doing.

Jon's cousin and other half came on Saturday lunch time and we have a great time. Our boys are away with the Gramps, thanks to our guests taking them back with them yesterday, until Friday so I have no time constraints for when they are due home, like snacks and tea making. Right here we are then.

My beetroot is shooting up well so I've decided to cram into the veg patch as much as I can when I plant it out.  Last year I grew what turned into approximately 3lbs and this made almost three jars when pickled.


I figure that as it is only really eaten in the summer if I grow twice, or three times, as much as that this year then I won't need to grow it next year; that is the plan anyhow!

I have been looking for seeds to grow sweet chilies but not been very successful so asked Dawn, you know who I mean I'm sure, and she gave me a good list to look for; this is one of the many jobs on my list of things to do!

As I got it into my head the other day to sow some spinach seeds the other day, a little thing came into my head


Think where things will go before you decide to sow! 
and
Label everything where possible or necessary

I decided to give my seeds in the house a little helping hand this week so...


this lot and those in the kitchen have been given some extra warmth; things are coming along well and can't wait to get them into the Poly House.

On Saturday I received a lovely parcel in the post; I have joined up with a Stationery Swap together with Jocelyn from The Reading Residence and here are my goodies...

In my parcel were pencils, a pen, post it notes, note cards with envelopes, a mini stapler, bookmarks, stickers, a notebook and stickers. All just lovely from a lady called Amy.



This Friday my blueberry bush offer arrived from my Grow Your Own mag. This morning I unpacked them and gave them a good watering, a little time yet before I get them in the ground.


A couple of photos from the garden. The herb sink is slowly coming back to life


and the garlic is doing really well.


The green picket fence, which you can just see at the far left of this photo, has been extended right up to the new gate Jon built. This is another creosoting job for me but to be honest I find it quite satisfying. When this is painted I have to do another coat on ALL of the fencing but I'll get a cuppa, my little seat and radio and be off!


Can't wait until I can see lots more things through the window of the Poly House!

I don't have photos of the process as I was too scared to look, but Jon and the boys took down a tree on Saturday morning and he is half way through logging it ready to season for next winter; he is LOVING filling up his newly positioned woodpile! (I heard about this book on the radio and I think I may have to buy it for him!


Great excitement, well at least from me, on Saturday morning. The girls gave us 5 eggs, and three today so far; things are on the up it seems.

After the boys had gone to the Gramps on Sunday Jon and I had a bit of us time in Aber. The usual, buying work socks, rodent killer and a PH soil testing kit. As you do!


We also sat and had a coffee, well Jon did. I was very good and didn't have a coffee as they had run out of skimmed milk and I watched him eat a caramel shortbread, too. (It is my weigh in tonight so looking forward to some good news and also going to the earlier meeting as don't have to get tea for the boys.)

Right, better get on. 

Bye for now.

Lou.xx







9 comments:

  1. Best of luck tonight and well done to you for being so restrained, especially with all those goodies you bake and cook. I love posts like this, with a bit of everything in. Need to do my weekend catch up but short on time x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I know Greta! Imagine my own blueberry jam on homemade scones!

      Delete
  3. The blueberry bushes look good and will soon put on lots of growth, I hope you have them sitting outside or in the poly house, they dont need warmth in the house or you will have sappy growth, but they need lots of light :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am. They are in the Poly House. As ever, keeping me on the straight and narrow!

      Delete
  4. Two important points there about where things are going and labelling, both of which I have failed already! I get too excited ordering seeds and keep forgetting to buy labels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you made me laugh Chickpea! I used lolly sticks last year but they do tend to rot! I have to admit it looks great to have tray after tray all labelled up nicely! biding my time before I put too much in but doing a little here and there as I keep an eye on the weather. Hope you are properly settled into your new home.x

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx