Tuesday 5 September 2017

Two Years On Our Little Homestead - Then And Now. (LOTS of photos!)

Two years ago today we moved to our little homestead.

I thought I'd do a little round-up of how things have changed, and continue to change.

(I am so sorry that I lost my initial photos that showed how we did so much work to the inside of the house but hopefully you will get the idea of how things have developed.)


We'll start with the back garden. This big wood store dominated the garden but gradually it was taken down...


and in the top right of the picture here you can see the previous owners' dog kennel and cage.


Behind Jon you can see one of the many huge bamboo bushes we had to deal with so....





we finally ended up with a better looking space to work with and here we are today from these angles.




Now my pride and joy, the veg plots and my Poly House; thanks to a lot of hard work from Jon and help from the boys they have eventually turned into this.









Finally, you'll be glad to hear, is the chicken enclosure.








Right, this is getting a bit self-indulgent as I have spent lots of time looking at how things have changed and our achievements in the last year or so. I could have included so many more photos but that would have been ridiculous!

Hope you enjoyed some of these photos. It does make you realise how far you have come when you see the differences between now and then.

                                                                      ******
In less happy news one of our elderly neighbours died at the weekend. Pat, in her 80's, was one ot the first people to come to our front door and also to say hello to Jon whilst he was swinging his legs from the scaffolding pointing the gable end. She came brandishing a list of things that would be happening at the community centre across the road from us hoping we would join in. And I did. Also Pat would drop by and have a brew with me and I would stop by to check she was ok. I will miss her very much and was very pleased that her family came to tell me of her passing.

8 comments:

  1. First I'm so sorry to read of your neighbour passing, she obviously had a little place in your heart.
    And one word....wow!!! That covers the rest !! I thoroughly encourage self indulgence on your 2 year anniversary, why wouldn't you , especially when you have done so much to be proud of. It's lovely seeing and reflecting on the changes, even the ones you can't see or photograph. Congratulations to you all and here's to many, many more happy years ahead xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chic, for all of that.xx I hope we are able to keep sharing our dreams and achievements together for many years to come.x

      Delete
  2. Lovely to see your progress. I was following your blog some time ago, but it must have disappeared from my feed, I have 're-followed' you so hopefully they will come up again. Now to catch up with all I have missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and for following me again, Serenata.

      Delete
  3. Sorry for your loss. Love the catch up blog they are always so interesting I can see you have a master carpenter amongst you. Your poly tunnel and chicken house is very top end!! Lovely really lovely. Wishing you both every success in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Tania. The village won't be the same without her. Yes I am so very lucky that Jon is that good with wood. Thank you for your good wishes.

      Delete
  4. I need to have a proper catch up of your blog,. This two years has flown by so quickly. I love your henhouse and the enclosure :-)

    So sorry to hear of your neighbours passing. I would be lost too without my lovely neighbour, who still runs her very successful B&B single-handedly in her eighties and is the font of all local knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comments about the poly house and hen enclosure. Yes, the village won't be the same without her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx