Friday 22 January 2016

Bits and Bobs

I didn't have time to post on Wednesday but I still wanted to share some lovely photos.

I remembered to photo the abundance of daffodils that we have growing in the garden. None of these were planted by ourselves, instead we inherited them from the previous owner, thank you very much!


The sun was shining, it was chilly but such a fab day so decided to take a walk. Love these sign posts.



 A pool of water left over from the heavy rain is now a mini ice pond.


  
The gorse bushes, I think that's what they are, were flowering nicely.



Today I have had a baking session because the cherry oat bake I made yesterday lasted about 5 minutes! I made a chocolate brownie, but not the usual size as I was limited by getting to the bottom of my chocolate supply, and then made something new, peanut butter muffins, just for a change.


And I've made ANOTHER cherry oat bake but with addtional sultanas because I didn't have quite enough cherries.


This is part of my efforts as I've put some in the freezer to give them a chance to last a little longer!  I suppose I should be flattered that my men eat things that quickly.

I think that's it. Jon has been doing a little work on one of the cellar rooms so will have some before and after photos of that soon.

Take care.x 

6 comments:

  1. Home Baking lovely, I need to use up some Peanut butter, I do smaller batches when its only hubby and myself x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Turned out my boys didn't like the peanut butter muffins, hubs did so they will be in his packed lunch for work. Did you see Dawn on http://doingitforourselfs.blogspot.co.uk making her own peanut butter?

      Delete
  2. I have loved the last two years here discovering what suddenly blooms and little things you discover around your new home...you still have many happy months ahead of surprises I am sure. your baking looks lovely, feeding a hungry family is a full time job but oh what fun too.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I'mreally looking forward to Spring as we first saw the house in June so will be a brand new phase for ys here.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We inherited a lawn full of Daffodils too, I pick a few to bring indoors, your baking looks so tasty we are not big cake or biscuit eaters so dont really get a chance to do a lot of sweet baking lucky lucky boys you have :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't WAIT to be able to pick them. I normally buy loads of daffs in Spring so will save a pretty penny I think. I manage not to eat too many of them just now, which is good, but the kids love a jug of juice and a full cake tin on the table when they come home from school and it is a pleasure I love being able to provide what they love.

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx