Monday 18 January 2016

Some before and after pictures.


Afternoon.

I've been to my Welsh class, gone for coffee with a friend and took a trip to the post office to get rid of a pile of things. Now, thanks to the wonders of the internet I am able to show you some before and after pictures of the house, even having lost our own, after all!

In no particular order....

the living room as we first saw it.


Image result for Bronllan

And this is how we enjoy the room now!



 This is our bedroom as we first saw it, very plain with no furnishings at all.


.        Image result for Bronllan

Then, ta da!















This wardrobe was one of our bargain buys from Craft in Aber. Only £15 and the right hand side shelf has a label that say hats on it. Fab!



 
Just a couple of outside pictures to finish with, you'll be glad to hear! Jon has now completely taken down the wood structure, which I think I posted previously, that was in the middle of the garden and what a difference from this..

 ...to this.

It is wonderful to have a proper view beyond the garden and really get an idea of what we have.I hope you enjoy seeing the difference in the pictures, I do of course. I'm now off to do the veg for tea tonight.

Bye.x 



9 comments:

  1. It's all looking really good. Your home is very warm and cosy looking. I love it. :O) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like making a house "your home" and what a view....love a bargain too.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost track of your blog somehow but have thankfully found you. Our dream is still a hovel in the hills but it's gradually getting more unlikely so I will watch your progress with interest ( not that your house is a hovel! - it looks really good)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First let me say your follow by email is now working, next the house you have made into a lovely welcoming family home, I look forward to seeing how things develop as you put your stamp on it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sadie, we love sitting by the fire at night having a chat after tea. Yes Maria, we feel we really are at home now and indeed what a bargain! Glad you found me again Sue, I'm following you and Col's progress. Thanks for letting me know the problem is sorted Dawn and yes we have a few more things to get right yet but we absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new home is looking really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I love to tweak and we are carefully looking out for a picture of Aberystwyth for the yellow wall behind the brown sofa and an old map to add something to the panelled wall. I love the panelling and need to make sure it has something proper on it.

      Delete
  7. How lovely to look at photos of your new home. I will watch your blog with great interest, as I was born in Aberystwyth and spent very many wonderful holidays with my grandparents in Talybont. Now I live on the other side of the pond. Congratulations on making your dream a reality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that. I love being able to live in a middle of nowhere kind of place but also able to get to the beach. This really was our dream.x

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx