Thursday 14 January 2016

Persistence has paid off - in cash!


Image result for customer rights



Re my dispute with Argos, well thanks to a lovely lady called Lynette Adams I am sorted.

I thought I would give them one more call this morning before my visit tomorrow which, for all my front, I was not looking forward to.

I simply said to the first human I spoke to that I wanted to follow up a letter of complaint and didn't know who to ring. I was IMMEDIATELY put through to the director's office and spoke to said lovely lady.

I explained everything and she agreed that, despite the 30 day money back guarantee having run out, two months was not a reasonable time for the vacuum to have become unfit for purpose and that I, the customer, was right.  We came to an agreement that I did not want a replacement and would like to be refunded. She asked for a copy of the email I originally sent plus my reciept details saying she would contact the store and get back to me later today.

After having sent her the email I had second thoughts about asking for vouchers and said I would prefer a cash refund.

I received an email about two hours after my call to say the store would be expecting me tomorrow and that a refund of how we paid, by card, would not be a problem but to let her know if there was an issue.

HA - GET IN!!

The image at the top of my post is something Martin Lewis advocates on his Money Saving Expert website so I have him to thank for helping me in my quest.

Chuffed to bits and it goes to show it really does pay to stand your ground. 

2 comments:

  1. good for you. Persistence is the key. And, quite honestly, it would have been shameful had they not given you a refund. Who buys any sort of hoover and doesn't expect it to last longer than two months?! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went to the shop today and got our refund. Still not an apology from the manager to say sorry for any inconvenience. When I presented Jon's card for the refund he told us it was the wrong one. He checked and he had made a mistake. We will NOT be shopping there again.

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx