Tuesday 12 January 2016

Bore Da - the lesson went well!

Image result for Welsh lessons



My Welsh lesson yesterday was fun actually, Sadie.
 
There were only four of us but I really hope everyone sticks to it. I seemed to be ever so slightly ahead of the a couple of them even though I was the newest person recently moved to the village. I think this is because of the boys talking in Welsh all the time and I have picked up some pronunciations.

I have homework to learn - my colours, numbers one to ten so I can rattle off my telephone number and also look for some place name from each letter of the Welsh alphabet.

One of my aims is to be able to ask for stamps when I go to the Post Office. Small things!

Hwyl!

6 comments:

  1. All the best with your lessons. Dive in there and talk, talk, talk to people in Welsh. I'm sure your boys will help. Perhaps you could have one day where you're only allowed to talk in Welsh. That would be testing! I'm trying to get to grips with German but it's a long and slow journey learning without living in the country.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm trying to learn phrases that I can say to the boys, like how long it is until tea etc. Good luck with your German.x

      Delete
  2. How exciting learning a new language. My niece moved to Wales at the age of two when her mum and my brother divorced (her mum's Welsh). She learnt Welsh in school, which I think must be easier, not only having regular lessons but learning at a young age. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very exciting, Jo. Just read your About Me bit. Made me think as I, too, am 47 and I have two boys but they are 9 and almost 8. Me and hubs were late starters!

      Delete
  3. Bora Da, your welsh lessons sound great, I understand a lot more than I can speak, I first learned welsh when I went to school then we moved away when I was 8 and forbidden to speak it as it was affecting my progress in english. I am sure you will do well, Nos da :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got round to replying to your lovely comment. Such a shame you were not allowed to keep talking in Welsh but hard I guess in a non-Welsh environmnet. Do you use Welsh now and then day to day?

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx