Wednesday 25 May 2016

A Little Bit Of Everything

Hello.

Today's post is about this and that really. 


Yesterday I baked bread, see the first prove as I was watching The Great British Sewing Bee and forgot about it! The lemon seed from Dawn it showing signs of life! My poinsettia from December is still in bloom with new leaves coming. (I have a bit of a reputation for keeping my Christmas plants alive as once had one for 5 years!)

The most exciting part of this collage of photos is that we had our own salad leaves with tea on Monday. Fantastic!

I went out for a walk with Jake yesterday and took my Food For Free book and phone with me so I could try and identify a few things. 

As I left the house I noticed a bush in flower and don't know what it is. Very pretty and pink, though.

This is the view across to Tregaron as I walked down the Swyddffynnon road.


Here is the gate down to the cycle path which as the old railway line, this way is towards Aber


I have been doing my best to identify an Elderflower bush somewhere as they should be in bloom and fruit soon I think. Is this one?


Jake and I meandered back..


 and Jake looked like he was in need of a good drink, although he'd tried to drink the steam we go past dry!

On the road back to the house again I saw this mum and two lambs resting in the shade.


 It was a lovely walk out.

Now this is a before picture.


I am due to have the mobile hairdresser to me today; recommended by various people. Being as low maintenance as I am I truly can't remember the last time I had it cut. Anyhow, I have decided to get shot of most of it. I can't WAIT to have it done so it is super easy to wash and does not take ages to dry- not that I possess a hairdryer.

Ok, off to collect the eggs and do a couple of jobs before my transformation occurs! I left a message for a top soil supplier earlier so hope to hear from him today and get that sorted once and for all - feel like I've been going on about it for weeks.

Bye.xx

14 comments:

  1. Looks like an apple in flower. Elderflowers are clusters of tiny white flowers like a flat umbrella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I forgot to say that your new post STILL won't go up to the top of my list like all the others do - it's very strange

      Delete
    2. Hi Sue. I had a problem with Dawn's new post doing the same thing the other day. I just made sure the set up on my layout hadn't changed for some reason and I think after refreshing the page a time or two it popped up properly.

      Delete
  2. Glad to see your lemon tree is growing, Elderflowers are frothy bunches of tiny flowers another few weeks I think before they are out around here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I was going to say sis that it's definately not elderflower.We had some of that just opposite the old house so on saturday we will nip down and then you can see it.When you come bring a flower and a leaf with you and we can look in my big book. Was the pink bush the same as the white one or are they two different ones? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll manage with my Little Gem book I have.x

      Delete
  4. Hi Louise what receive do you use for your bread? It always looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diane. Thank you. Sorry I don't know the term you are referring to. I use Lidl own brand strong bread flour, their own fast yeast, sugar and sunflower oil. Always seems to work for me. I prove it a total of three times before baking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a lovely post. A true picture of countryside. I am with you on using the elderflower once I get round to it. I fancy making all sorts!!! Good luck with the hair x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy. At least now I actually know which is the elderflower I really hope to make cordial.

      Delete
  7. Elderflower cordial - yum! Hope you are happy with the new haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to be able to forage confidently, the only things I am sure of are blackberries :) I think I need to book myself on a foraging course. Lovely walk, thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you enjoyed it. I'm not confident with anything but that right now, either, but hoping to improve.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx