Thursday 12 May 2016

Phew What A Scorcher!

The weather today is glorious and I think I could rent my greenhouse out as a sauna if Jon made a few modifications!

Right photo issues sorted so here are some from when Dawn visited. 

Here is chocolate and orange mint...



then these are the willow weaving kits. How cool are they?



This is the special lemon seed which I am going to pot this afternoon.



I'm lucky that I now have a wild garlic patch and it happens to be near some bluebelles; I only discovered them the other day!




Last night Jon and I were looking for anything in the shed we could use for planters. He came up with this so I must have the sweetest smelling toilet in the village! Ha ha!



The sugar snap peas are coming up well and the raspberry bush, which I will tell you now cost me £1 from Poundland, is looking really happy.























Other things around the garden include this tree which is shaped like a willow, squat and spreading out at the top with these lovely flowers.



This ivy with lovely purple flowers grows along the out-buildings.


















The first lot of potatoes I planted at the beginning of April are showing well. 


I have another bag with five tubers in as Dawn was kind enough to bring me some growing bags.

See you later.

Lou.x

8 comments:

  1. Lou, that's not a willow, it looks like a magnolia and the ivy looks like a variegated periwinkle. You need to check the colour of the pollen in your white bells as do I in those bluebells I have,because if they are native English it will be cream but if they are spanish (which are taking over then) then it may be green or another colour. Read on the Woodland Trust's website how to tell the difference.
    Look in your book when to trim your magnolia or you can look in my big book when you come.xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to check my book whilst I have my coffee.x

      Delete
  2. Louise move the pot with the Raspberry outside its too hot in the greenhouse for it, all looking good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your toilet!
    xx
    PS What a thing to say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I have just found your lovely blog. We are just about to move out into the country to 'live the dream'. It will be a very steep learning curve for me! I will follow your adventures with interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh same for me but we are loving it. I will follow your adventures, too and maybe we can be of help to each other.

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx