Sunday 24 December 2017

1 Sleep To Go To The Big Ho Ho!

Well! I have finally sat down after a very busy day. 

We made sure our logs and kindling were stocked up, Jon did a few jobs outside, the boys cleaned out Jon's car and then they left for their  boys' day out to have lunch and see the new Star Wars film; they are due back quite soon.

I've taken extra mince pies from the freezer and put a bottle of bubbly in the fridge for breakfast, made a pork and pistachio pie for Boxing Day, done one last wash load, vacuumed everywhere, mopped the floors, ironed tablecloths and clothes for the next few days and made another batch of cranberry sauce. 

Phew!  I AM DONE!

I have a beer, I am watching Columbo and a no-cook tea is planned.

I'm taking this time to think about how we have enjoyed planning and preparing for this festive season, but also thinking of those who will not be having such a comfortable time as I will be doing, me and my three - what more could I ask for?

In a little while I'll also be having some quiet time when I watch Carols From Kings. Later on Jon and I will prep the veg for tomorrow with a little glass of something.

So just to say Nadolig Llawen, Merry Christmas, and a happy, peaceful, joyous New Year.

Bye for now.

Lou.xx

8 comments:

  1. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a very merry Christmas to you and yours, Lou! Thanks for brightening our days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Kathleen, and I hope you enjoyed the holidays.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. We did thank you. I hope you had a peaceful time.

      Delete
  4. Hope your day has been every thing you wished for and more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tania. Same to you and last night we had a lovely evening with friends and neighbours.

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx