Tuesday 5 December 2017

Mince Pie Mayhem and Poly House Protection!

This was the kitchen yesterday.



This was the first mince pie session of the season. I tried a couple of new things - a pecan nut under a circle topping on some of them and also painting some holly leaves; Tracy can vouch for my ridiculous sense of joy over the latter! Eeek!



I actually made a total of 42 but managed to burn a dozen when I got sidetracked by something. Aargh!

Here is me being a little festively naughty, considering I was going to Slimming World last night (still managed to only put on 1lb so still within my target weight after 8 weeks I think.) First mince pie from my kitchen. Mmmm, and Jon said they were better with me having cooked the mincemeat when I made it.


We are pretty much Christmas Central here, just a few more decorations to go up but I'm loving, as usual, the living room with my paper chains and paper globes.


I have this basket display in the bottom kitchen window and I'm very pleased with it. I like to have some things I can pick up and move to other places if I want to decorate somewhere else quickly.

However we are not getting the tree until the weekend what with Jon being back and forth to see his dad.

Now, on Sunday there was a team effort, so no time for action shots,and we got some tarps put over the Poly House. This means that as I find the time to do so I can start and tidy up inside a bit. It already feels better as I can dry out things like pots and tray that are just carrying so much water.

















It isn't the prettiest thing in the garden by any stretch but it is serving a purpose until Spring. 

(So pleased that the angle of all these photos means you cannot see what an horrendous state my far veg patch is in just now!)

In other news FIL still hasn't had his op but it is scheduled for Thursday, fingers crossed.

Right, boys home shortly and better be ready to referee the mince pie situation as they are already getting eaten up stupidly quickly, but that is what they are for!

Bye for now.

Lou.xx


5 comments:

  1. Those green hollies on the pies are A-MA-ZING!! Such a happy feeling reading through the post. The tarp looks good I think, a really neat job but I wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t go back in until spring lol. It’s not pretty at this time of the year is it. Unless you get a good snow covering lol, snow makes everything look fabulous. Hope FIL op goes smoothly! I’m totally baking on my day off! Can’t wait!! I might get you xtra early just to enjoy more of it lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I really was stupidly happy about those and WILL do more but might think of a few more different toppings, too! Chic! The only way you could get up any earlier is to not go to bed at all!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look delicious and you can't beat that glorious smell that spreads throughout the house when your cooking for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tania. Yes that smell is so evocative of days gone by, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx