Thursday 14 December 2017

Cocktails A-go-go!

Last year I made an attempt to stock the drinks tray for Christmas and we did ok. However this year I really am determined for us to have some proper cocktails.

When we ordered a few festive bottles (Jon and I don't drink that much so we like to have something a little special at Christmas). We are also having people over on Boxing Day so it will be nice to have a jug of something nice on ice to offer.

This is how the sideboard is looking. Also, because this piece of furniture is of a period that PERFECTLY suits the idea of cocktails it would be a crime not to make the most of it - well that is my excuse!




















I have also invested in a proper cocktail book; contents were important of course but it did have to look right, too. The circular shaker and glass holder was a gift and it's just right!
 

In other news father in law is out of hospital and home. Has to rest up with no heavy activity/work for eight weeks.

The wind last night was ferocious and the tarp has been part blown off the Poly House, again, so I am PROPERLY ignoring it now.

The boys had great fun in the snow this week, sledging and making snowmen. It has now all gone now I might add. They are back to school after two days off with most of the Christmas activities having been re-arranged so they all fit in before they break up on December 22, same day as Jon. Woop woop!



I managed to snap this little visitor at the top kitchen. May use if for a card next year!




Ok, better dash as it is our community Christmas lunch at 12.30 and I have made a big pot of bread sauce to take as my contribution.

Hope everybody is recovering from any snow/bad weather.

Bye for now.

Lou.xx






13 comments:

  1. Just lost my reply! Technology!
    I was saying how amazed I am at the amount of snow you had and hope we get some, that the robin photo is fabulous! The whole cocktail set up too, loving it. Is the cabinet 30s?
    Also that I love the idea of the community lunch which is the true meaning of Christmas isn’t it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hate it when that happens. As I said the other day all gone now as if never been. The cabinet I believe is 30's; it is one of my fav things in the house!Lunch was lovely.

      Delete
  2. Lovely news to read. Have fun with the cocktails. Cute photo, I love Robin pictures. Well done. Have fun at the lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley. Cocktails are coming on well! The robin is a regular, very cheeky visitor to us. Lunch was lovely.

      Delete
  3. Those little cocktail cherries on your tray remind me of my childhood Christmases. My mother used to have one with her glass of Advocat (one bottle per year, bought at Christmas) and lemonade - a 'Snowball'. I was allowed a cherry on a stick. Yummy! Haven't had them for years but now I have a longing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up until last year a snowball had been my drink of choice, I love them! However I am currently enjoying a couple of glasses of gin and IT of an evening!I also plan on having the odd Mojito when I get myself some white rum. Oh the joy of a Christmas tipple!

      Delete
  4. Your bar looks very inviting! Please, what is bread sauce? It's nor ate mum familiar with. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bread sauce is yummy. Here is a good recipe for it. https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/easy_bread_sauce_26387 Enjoy.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! It's similar to gravy but made with bread instead of flour. It does sound yummy so we may give it a try!
      Karen

      Delete
  5. Love your sideboard of cocktails...which reminds me I need to go buy some myself for Christmas Eve. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hello Janice. Thanks, and soooo pleased you took the time to stop by my blog! Love your style.

      Delete
  6. Vodka martini please shaken not stirred! 🍷😃

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx