Friday 22 December 2017

Deck the Halls....

I brought in my greenery from the garden on Wednesday and gave it a good soaking in whatever I could find in the cellar. 




Today I brought them up to the kitchen and set to work.

I love having a dresser in the kitchen I can decorate; I had already put some fake kind of greenery on top but needed a lot more. I had taken some lower branches off an evergreen tree and added some holly.


I also put some leaves on the centre light fitting.


In the living room I always have to put something on top of the bookcase as there is a dip and things just disappear! With the help of a couple of logs I managed to get it looking as I wanted; I just love how the greenery looks against the paper chains. (The one in the photo actually came down so had to re-fix that at the same time!)


I have holly over mirrors and picture frames and on shelves, too, of course.

I decorated our cake yesterday; I went for a simple design including a barmy red snowflake!



Sometimes I don't like bright red and green on cake decorations so went for subtlety.

I also decorated one for Jon and his pals at the sawmill and had good feedback on the taste; hope our supper guests on Boxing Day will like it, too.

And finally I made a little flower decoration with some festive blooms Jon came home with from his Dad's last weekend.


So I think I am now DONE with the decs! I don't think I'll be tweaking anything else.

Do you like to bring in greenery to decorate indoors?

Right, I'm having a celebratory beer, just because I can, as Jon is out on his work's jolly and the boys are back from youth club.

Bye for now. 

Lou.xx


6 comments:

  1. I love bringing greenery in, but not too early. I try and wait for the Solstice. Love the illustrations in your collection of Christmas books. Very festive. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All looking lovely and festive much prefer greenery to plastic tinsel, wishing you a peaceful merry family christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you, Martin and all your flocks and herds!

      Delete
  3. I have loads of silk decorations,which I have used for years, it is bulky to store but I do like the Pagan style with loads of candles (these days fake as well). Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks lovely! Greenery is a very nice touch and I too bring it in about a week before.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx