Tuesday 19 December 2017

6 Sleeps To Go To The Big Ho Ho!

Good evening. All is cosy here with the Rayburn and the woodburner lit. No going out tonight so looking forward to a relaxing evening as have been busy all day. Bread has been baked along with the last batch of mince pies, I think. Beds changed, washing done and put away or to dry, last gifts for the boys wrapped, the usual.

Sue over at The Cottage At The End Of A Lane was talking about a lovely Christmas book the other day she has so I thought I'd show my book vignette this year.





My very favourite of them all is, as ever, the one with the image of a fireplace and tree is called Tim Mouse and Father Christmas. As I sit writing this I have the fairy lights lit on it. Eeeek!

On the front door I have my wreath; it's been there since the beginning of the month but I just added some extra greenery to it the other day - I like to think it is simple but effective.


When people come through the door this is what 'welcomes' them.


I am itching to get the holly, ivy and laurel inside but leaving it a bit yet as I want it to last. I plan on keeping it in the cellar in water for a day before I put it up so it gets a good drink. 

Once the holly etc are in the house I generally stop decorating but I am always tweaking things as I go along - never happy, you know what they say, more is more!

Right best get off and put the rest of tea on; sausage casserole is bubbling away nicely in the Rayburn. Not sure what I will be having as feel I need to be a bit well behaved this next week before I have a lot of cocktails and treats over the festive period.

Bye for now.

Lou.xx

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have everything under control. Well done it all looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tania. I still have a few things to do, like decorate a second cake today, do the greenery decs(can't wait) but I'm not stressing (buying stuffing balls this year!) and so looking forward to the festivities.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx