Thursday 1 March 2018

Hapus Dydd Gwyl Dewi, and Happy Snowday

Yes, Happy St David's Day.


Image result for St Davids Day


Of course we have Welsh cakes for snacks today but no daffodils to bring in I'm afraid.



Today the boys are off school as for safety Ceredigion Council have closed the schools until Monday. They are delighted of course but this means the St David's Day Eisteddfod has been cancelled. The weather is brutal today, so very cold and windy; we had a good couple of inches on Tuesday and a few flurries since. I think this will mean hot chocolate, including at breakfast for the boys,



then we had leftover soup for lunch.



The boys started on some homework with having extra time over the next couple of days and there was the hot chocolate again!



Jon went to work this morning but I hoped he would be home around lunchtime when our snow is forecast, although it is now 1pm and there is no sign as yet of him or the snow!

I've put out fresh water for the chooks and will check again if it has frozen over and add some extra bedding.

Fresh bread is proving to last us through the next couple of days, just short of milk, but we'll probably manage to get out.

I hope everybody is keeping safe and warm, with us it is just the cold at the moment.

Oh, in other news, Harry has received confirmation of his first choice school place for September. Yay!!!

Bye for now.

Lou.xx


4 comments:

  1. Well done Harry. Keep warm everyone and a belated Happy St David'S Day. The Welsh cakes look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. The snow hit us at about 5pm in the end. Oh boy did it. It is still blowing a blizzard but once the boys and Jon have the logs in we are all set to be warm and cosy. Another pan of soup on the Rayburn and a apple pie to be made a little later on. Hot chocolate and a warm drink first for the others when they come in.

      Delete
  2. The welsh cakes look amazing!! I’ve been baking as you know, but it’s not good for my waist line! I can’t believe how long the snow is staying round here.
    For your left over soup, would you mind doing a post or msg just how you do it as I am never confident enough to. Silly I know given what else I make lol. Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks re the Welsh cakes; It is definitely a work in progress but I'm getting better at them. I'll message you about the soup.x

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx