Saturday 31 March 2018

Three Ingredient Brownie

Good morning. This is a very quick post which I forgot to mention recently. In the Saturday Mail last week was a baking pull out of recipes by Sarah Rainey - here is info about her recent book.

Well I made the 3 ingredient Chocolate Praline Brownies and oh my goodness! I make brownies on a VERY regular basis for the tin but these are off the chart!

Here are mine.

The edges were crispy, the inside was gooey and yummy and they are now a firm favourite. I suggest you try them if you vaguely like chocolate; I'm not a huge fan but oh my lord! I didn't use plain Nutella - other hazelnut spreads are available - but instead used the vanilla and chocolate swirl make you can buy. You could turn them Easter-esque by adding a chocolate egg on top so here is the recipe. (Hope you can make the most of the photo.)


Something else which I thought I might share was my attending the postponed school eisteddfod from St David's Day on Thursday. As part of this celebration the children enter a competition - one prize is given for the best piece of Welsh writing and one for English. This ceremony takes place at the National Eisteddfod and is replicated on St David's Day by many schools. 

Here is information about the Anatomy of The Eisteddfod which you may find interesting.

I was very proud to be there to see Harry win the prize for best English story. When the three placings are announced they use false names, including the winners names, so you don't know right to the end who has won - very exciting!

Here is my boy with his crown made by a local artist in his grand cloak. He gets to keep the paper crown but we have his name engraved on the one he is wearing and give it back to the school in time for next year.


This is a lovely moment for him to take with him through life as there is great competition for this award.

Bye for now.

Lou.xx


7 comments:

  1. Well done to Harry, I love the fact his name is engraved on the crown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine you beaming with pride, just like harry is in that lovely photo. What a proud moment and memories for him to look back on. I am so going to try that recipe you’ve recommended whilst I’m off this week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey chic. ridiculously proud. I'll share with you another time what the head teacher said, don't want to totally brag in public! DO try the brownies they are am aze ing!.xx

      Delete
  3. Well done Harry
    love from Auntie Helen
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Harry and a Happy Easter to you all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx