Wednesday 2 March 2016

A Little Catch Up.



Hi!

I have a couple of photos to share with you to hopefully brighten up the wet and windy day we are having today. 

In said weather I had to go to Aber today, bbrrrr, in order to get Mothers' Day cards and gifts, do a couple of jobs at the bank now we don't do online banking anymore, pick up a new school sweater I had ordered for Alfie (he is shooting up!) and to attend the dentist, yuck! The dentist was running late so I had to leg it home and pick Jon up for a doctor's appointment and they were running late, too! Dropped him at work at about 12.40 o'clock then got home 10 minutes later in time to fill the log and stick boxes before the Oil4Wales man arrived - you guessed it he was late, should have been here yesterday!

The fire is now lit in the living room, I have had my lunch, caught up with a few blogs and downloaded the photos I wanted so here they are.

I mentioned I was intending to make a cushion cover for one of the new chairs and it came out ok, if a little wonky as I'm rubbish at cutting out fabric when it comes to sewing, but I love it.



On our usual pop into Craft last Saturday for some reusing and recycling shopping I came across this. Contraband was a card game we used to play as a family when I was young. It is about bluffing your way through customs with items you haven't paid duty on. The boys loved it, trying to keep a straight face, maybe tell a white lie and not laugh! Check out the cool, vintage images!

Image result for images of Contraband the card game 
We also came across another fab thing for the sideboard. This laminated wood ice bucket which I think is from the 1950's but I'm not bothered. 



Well, I had better get on. The boys are at a friend's house after school today but need to collect Jon from work at 4.20pm then them at 6pm and still have Lasagne to make for our tea.

Very excited about the Stationery Shop being hosted by Tracy at Mad About Bags.

Lou.x

6 comments:

  1. you are one busy lady! I love your cushion. Wonky and homemade is simply the best if you ask me :O)

    Hope your boys are both well (just read your previous post). Violet didn't even make it in on Thursday, we got halfway there before I realised she was genuinely in a lot of pain. Good thing we did, because she WAS sick, and properly ill. But I agree with you, it is hard sometimes and we do suffer from the guilt, but I know I've been fooled once or twice. One day Violet convinced me she felt ill, I kept her home, only to find her dancing in the kitchen a little while later! Little scoundrel!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think wonky is just fine, too, because I like to say I Made That! Children are little devils sometimes, aren't they?!xx

      Delete
  2. That cushion looks great - lovely fabric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I really like the fabric. The green all but matches the fireplace tiles and I love a bit of continuity but, compared to how I used to be, I love stuff that doesn't match at all!

      Delete
  3. Hi Louise, your cushion looks fab and i bet that game is a lot of fun! I can't reply to your comment about the stationery swap as you are a noreplyblogger. my email address is madaboutbags (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've switched my non-reply blogger thing off. Thanks for the heads up.x

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx