Monday 7 March 2016

Project Pebble, Well Stone Cold Super!

Green for nearly Spring!

Last Sunday Jon began a project in the bathroom which we have had in mind since we moved into the house. Last Sunday he and the boys went down to the near by river bed and collected lots of lovely grey stone ready to recycle for the bathroom refurbishment. the bath surround had already been tiled but we were really not happy with it and were looking to do this much more interesting project.

Well, on Friday it was finished and here it is! 



















I asked Jon to make me a little plinth from one of the drift wood pieces we still have from the beach at Aber; I wanted something for the soap dish, shampoo etc to sit on because of the stones not being level.



We are unreservedly happy with the whole effect in the bathroom - we absolutely love it! So much so that Jon is considering doing the same thing on the floor of the guest room outside.

Oh and one more thing. The people who used to own Bronllan asked me if I wanted an old sewing machine or they were going to throw it out. I said yes please and this is what arrived the same day.



It looks like but isn't a Singer, it was made by Reed; I understand they currently make knitting machines. It doesn't work but looks very pretty and it came with a wooden casing which we have put on the top of the wardrobe for decoration. I now have the machine sitting on the low window sill in our bedroom. Love it!

Bye, Lou.xx














6 comments:

  1. The bathroom looks really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was more than a bit of a mess when Jon started putting the grout around the stones. Do you have problems with people using your mop bucket for other than mopping? I had to spend a good couple of hours getting it clean from being used to wash off the excess grout before I could mop and clean the floor! I'm heading off to B n Q soon because they are closing down and I'm going to get some of their orange buckets at 50p each to keep in stock for Jon!!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful idea, I love it, :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love the idea in th bathroom - I may have to pinch it! Your home is looking lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sorry, just saw this. Thank you, for both comments.It seemed as if Jon was bathing in the grout at the start but luckily it all came out very well - apart from my mop bucket, see above reply! I'm definitely going to get a galvanised one as they are so much easier to keep clean, I think!

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx