Thursday 10 March 2016

Busy Busy Busy!

Good afternoon.

Just sitting down to have my lunch after a busy morning. I also have a few photos to share with you that I didn't get round to downloading.

I think I mentioned I was waiting for my Mothers' Day present well it has arrived and how pink is this?!

The logging supplies Jon bought home from work the other day are now neatly stacked on the woodpile, thanks to the boys, and these will hopefully keep us going until the weather is warmer.




Here are my lovely Mothers' Day cards from the boys. Bless them.



My Postcard Challenge is coming along quite well. I was a couple behind until yesterday but decorated two plain ones I had in my craft stash and here they are. Posted them, too.



I'm waiting for two deliveries and just one has so far come today. Up until the time we moved here I hadn't used regular washing up liquid for about a year I think. I just love using traditional, green household soap and soda crystals. I finally managed to get some soda crystals last weekend and today these arrived!



I managed to have 20 bars delivered for £8.57 and they will last me ages!

Then this morning I set to with a baking session. I know it seems as if I only bake these three things but they are firm favourites and I have extra in the freezer now, too.




Cherry and oat traybake which makes Jon close his eyes when he bites into it,

the slab that is my chocolate brownie,















and garlic bread from the loaf end crusts to go with bolognese or lasagne.

Well, I think that is all caught up now.

Lou. xx


11 comments:

  1. Home baking the best (could you share the bakes recipes?) pink ..wonderful especially with lots of boys in the household ..ha ha....though I bet your are always their princess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be more than happy to share the recipes. Will do after the weekend.x

      Delete
  2. Looks like a lovely warm cuddly dressing gown, just the thing to snuggle up in, Log pile is looking good I managed to get a good stock of household soap and Carbolic soap love the smell of carbolic, I got soda crystals from Wilko's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boys call me a pink Gorillan. I will have to look to stock up on soda crystals when I see them. I used to get them from kind of pound store/hardware shops where we used to live.

      Delete
  3. I love baking too. I did fill in your contact form last week with my address - I will try again. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That baking all looks great! I use that green soap - I use to spot attack stains before putting in the machine. Do you make your own washing up liquid with it and soda crystals then? What about washing powder, have you every tried making your own? That's something I have been meaning to try. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I use it for general washing up. I lived in Honduras for a few months many moons ago and they had a similar way of washing up by wetting the plate etc then using a scourer and a block of soap to make the suds then you'd wash them off. I don't actually make washing up liquid but do as above and then I use the soda crystals to soak a pan and it comes clean sooo quickly. I also like to spray the cooker top with water, sprinkle with the crystals then if you go back to it a few minutes later the dirt just wipes away. It is also great for cleaning the bath. I love how the crystals make your hands soft when you have washed up. I've never tried to make my own washing powder as the recipes I've seen on t'internet only seem to have american products. Perhaps should look harder but would need to buy in bulk to you'd have to consider costs.x

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info, that sounds useful. I use soda crystals in the washing machine with regular powder for the water softening effects and extra stain removal, but that is all I usually use them for - I should be more versatile with them.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might look into that soap, I did some hand washing this morning.
    Your baking looks so scrumptious.Never thought about garlic toast with the left over crusts, very good idea x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I make it really quick by mixing butter with garlic puree, a few minutes in the oven whilst something else is cooking and bob's you uncle!x

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx