Tuesday 1 March 2016

Parental Guilt, aaarggghhh!

I sent both my boys off to school this morning, even though the youngest was saying he didn't feel well. He hadn't been sick, had eaten a little something for breakfast but was cheery enough to play draughts with his brother after breakfast.

Today, as I said in my first post of the day, is Sta David's Day, or should I say 

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus!

Image result for St Davids Day


The boys are taking part in a celebration with songs and poems which I am going to watch after lunch. I think Alfie was worried because he didn't know all the words to one of the poems and he had a bit of a meltdown so I think this was more of the problem than anything else.

I still had a knot in my stomach feeling bad about sending him. I called school and explained saying I had put a banana and his fruit money in his bag should he be hungry before lunch. I felt sure if he had stayed at home he would have been jumping around by 10.30am and I cannot have the boys pulling a fast one. Call me harsh but I would rather send them and then fetch them home if they deteriorate. I have the car today only because I am going to school for the thing, otherwise I cannot fetch them early. Ho hum. School hasn't called yet so I suppose all is well.


6 comments:

  1. Happy St Davids day. It's a difficult one knowing whether to send them to school,like you say once they get amongst their friends they perk up,they just like making you feel guilty,you did the right thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann. Thanks. There was no call from school and the celebrations went very well.x

      Delete
  2. Happy St David's day for yesterday, it's so tricky when they are just a little off colour and you know full well they will be jumping off the sofa by 10.30am!! I hope went well with the celebrations X we are partners in the stationery swap so I thought I would pop over and say hello, I'm looking forward to reading more on your blog X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy. Thank you for the greeting. The celebration was great and the boys did very well. Sooo looking forward to the stationery swap; I've always loved pens, paper and notebooks!x

      Delete
  3. Dont feel guilty you did the right thing, hope the event went well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All was well thank you, they did their bit beautifully and as a friend said "Bravo bachs!"x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx