Friday 22 April 2016

No Boys Again, But I'm Ok!

This was the kitchen last night when the packing was finally finished for the boys' weekend to Urdd activity camp at Llangrannog. What a task! I must have gone over my list four or five times to make sure I had everything; spare clothes, play clothes, OLD clothes, wellies, walking boots, boiler suits you name it!


I'm heading up to school at about 3pm to take all of this and say goodbye as they leave just before 3.30pm for their adventure. I will be relieved then, not that they are going away of course, that they have everything they need for a fab time.

Jon and I have quite a bit of work to do this weekend to keep us occupied, like finishing the greenhouse and doing some more clearing in the garden. I think we may manage to fit in a couple of beers, and possibly a Chinese takeaway, whilst we think of the boys having too many sweets, getting really muddy and I'm sure having a fantastic time!

Also what needs to be fitted in is the weekly food shopping as the fridge will need to be ready for the return of the boys! I am planning on a proper Sunday tea for when they come back; sponge cake, scones, sandwiches, ice cream etc. so some baking will need to be fitted in, too!

I thought I would take the time to see what we have going on at and outside home next week and from my to do list it looks a bit busy!


Oh, have just seen my sister is now following me. Hi Nel.x

Ok. I think I'll leave it there as I hope to be back by the end of the weekend to show you the completed greenhouse. Thankfully this should be the last structure to be built in the garden and we can start filling them with the chooks and getting our grow your own growing!

Lou.xx


5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your weekend, hope the weather stays good x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather has been wonderful today, if a little chilly now and then but great for being outside.x

      Delete
  2. enjoy your child free busy week end, look forward to seeing the developments :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we are. Check for the beer and Chinese last night. Just about ready for the big reveal!

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx