Wednesday 20 April 2016

Stuff and Nonsense

The weather here today has been just glorious and I love the view from the top kitchen.



I have been baking and made bread, choc chip muffins and cherry oat tray bake- no photos as these are regular makes. I was also a little behind with my Journal of Gratitude so caught up with that.

I'm not in the habit of posting photos of my food but I made my courgette and tomato chutney the other day and it was yummy! in my opinion. I also managed to water bath process it, too, getting a great seal on it so these here are in the cupboard for the future plus one in the fridge. It was delicious with my boiled eggs, on home made bread!



I guess that is the stuff so the nonsense is that yesterday I embarrassed myself spectacularly live on Radio 2. I love listening to Popmaster and normally do really well, high teens or low twenties. However I scored 9 on the first person's questions, he got 6 and when it came to mine I scored a measily 3; horrifying. But on the up side my t-shirt arrived in the post today, however I deleted the photo but this is what it looks like - on the back it says "one year out". I did give a little mention to some of you but I wouldn't recommend making the effort to listen to it!

Image result for one year out t shirt


I shall wear it in the greenhouse; photos of that to follow soon.

My eldest had been chosen as a member of one of the school football teams and he is took part in a tournament in Aber today. He was SO excited! They didn't win the whole thing but one out of six games and he said, even so, he really enjoyed himself.



The youngest managed to leave his towel at swimming last week but thankfully he came home with two this afternoon.

Tomorrow I have the huge task of getting all of their things ready for their Urdd activity weekend at Llangrannog. It involves taking items such as no clothes at all which we would not want to get even slightly muddy, wellies, walking boots, old tracksuits, sleeping bags etc.
Alfie is a real homebird and we had quite a conversation when we paid the deposit about him going as he wouldn't be able to come home early of half way through. He had a bit of a wobble last night saying he would really miss me; I assured him he would be far too busy have a fantastic time to miss me, but that I wanted to hear about everything he and Harry did when they come home.Bless!

Right, better go as we bought the new Star Wars film this afternoon and we are having Movie Night with burgers and I need to get a few things ready.

Lou.xx 


12 comments:

  1. Hi Louise next time you use this method for preserving can you show how its done please xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be more than happy to, but if you pop over to Dawn at DIFOIW she is the expert and has lots of posts about preeaerving. I'm flattered you asked me, though.x

      Delete
  2. Dear Alfie..being a home bird, I feel so for him..have sent you a email xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your chutney and doing the water bath, when were you on pop master hubby listes to it all the time, congratulations and well done for taking part

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on Popmaster! I hope Alfie and Harry has a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can hardly move in the hall for the back packs and sleeping bags! I'm taking them to school when I go to say goodbye later on. I'm sure they will have a blast.

      Delete
  5. It's tough for kids to go away. Some don't mind at all, some get worried, some won't go. Violet is the latter. School did some week long away thing last year and she would not even consider it. She will in time I'm sure, but right now she's having none of it!

    Well done on the radio thing, at least you gave it a try. Bill often listens to that on his little radio when he's working in gardens. I'll have to ask him if he heard you!

    You should take food pics more often, looks scrummy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have no qualms going away with the Gramps but this is quite different. Harry hasn't bothered at all but I knew Alfie would be a bit nervous. He has a partner for the weekend now so it much more cheery and excited. The Popmaster thing was horrific. I pride myself on my music knowledge, of different eras, but it just wasn't my day.xx

      Delete
  6. oh bum I always listen to radio 2 its on all day and night but I didn't hear pop master yesterday because of this little puppy im sat typing this with one finger. john loves it and listens daily taking part. your chutney sounds lovely so does your baking. enjoy your week, dee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee. Hope you are not having too many sleepless puppy nights. Chutney was really tasty, so pleased.x

      Delete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx